Ankyra Sound On the horizon, out on the edge of the world
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
the howl that filtered down into the grotto was a grave one -- muted as it was by the stone interior, its urgency was not diminished. caiaphas propped herself upright, bowling aside her squealing babes as she upended them from her sides. unceremoniously, the siren queen left her brood on the stone floor and swept towards the surface.

the wretch that resurfaced the sunny world was spidery and drained of healthful vigor; she was nursing-lean and thin, her hateful eyes sunken and squinting from the brightness of the world. she swung towards the shattered strand, ears strained ahead and weary eyes searching for sign of either wylla or the unfortunate wolf wylla had summoned.

when she spotted the two of them along the desolate outcropping beneath a tall arm of cliff she prowled towards them, fixated on wylla and the animated manner of her speech: as she drew closer she heard only a fraction of the conversation, but it was enough to awaken an old, familiar feeling inside of her: rage.

caiaphas did not flinch as she drew alongside kierkegaard, her vitriolic yellow gaze resting firmly on wylla. "you're lucky i let you live." she hissed, a lash of her tail given as she sized up the wretch that had been born on her beach, without her permission. "he stays. you know better than any what it is like without a father." her lips curled back in a menacing sneer and she awaited the cataclysmic blow-up with her muscles tensed in preparation.
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
Messages In This Thread
On the horizon, out on the edge of the world - by Wylla - April 13, 2018, 03:46 PM
RE: On the horizon, out on the edge of the world - by Caiaphas - April 14, 2018, 11:13 AM