Heron Lake Plateau Have you ever heard of the Butterfly Effect?
1,293 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Tactician
Seer

It bothered him that she was right to some degree, but even before she finished speaking he was cutting in sharply, Bullshit. I didn't leave on purpose, and when I found my way back - okay, I was admittedly a little shit - but its not like you welcomed me with open arms. Clearly he remembered things a certain way and there would be no remedy for that. I didn't just vanish either - Hydra said she would kill me if I so much as looked in the Caldera's direction. But you didn't care; you didn't look for me or anything, did you? Too happy to see me leave, replacing me with those bitches.

He was being a little hyperbolic, a little dramatic, but that was his way. He didn't calm much afterwards but at least there was a gap for Towhee to make her final offer - and he snidely responded, Stay? And what about my friends? This was our home before you came and took it away. This plateau is everything. He knew Redshank wouldn't like this, which meant Screech had a choice to make and yet, he wasn't ready to do that yet. According to them, the plateau is mine.

Besides, whose to say Screech wouldn't just take his heartless sister out of the picture to get what he wanted? There was always the chance he would turn around and take the plateau back. There was a certain level of trust they both had to extend to one another or this bridge would be sufficiently burned.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Have you ever heard of the Butterfly Effect? - by Titmouse (Ghost) - April 20, 2018, 03:24 PM