The Sunspire please twirl me one more time and don’t stop spinning me
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Olive didn’t get too many visitors, and she was fine with that. In fact, she rather appreciated it. Since her fellow midwife, the lovely and enciente Seabreeze, had taken up residence in her sun-dappled stone dwelling— more of a whelping area than a whelping den, per se — Olive had felt a real sense of solidarity, safety and sisterhood, the likes of which she had never experienced before. She felt supported in every aspect, in more ways than she could have ever imagined… but still in the late hours of the night, the druid would glance up to the heavens and muse upon the anonymous, pale man who would likely never meet his children. It was a shame, because of how simply exquisite his children were.

The babes, a colorful trio, were much too small to do anything except nurse and sleep and receive momma-cuddles, but still the mother liked to believe that she could already see hints of their eventual personalities. It was things that she felt more than she observed, as they were each distinct manifestations of herself. Looking into their babyish faces was like looking into tiny, amazing mirrors. Séamus was the ebullient first born, while Eleuthera played the proper little girl, who was determined not to be outdone by either of her brothers in their zest nor their complacency. Olive gathered Oaxaca in her twiggy forelimbs, her most placid baby, and pressed her nose against the velvet of his calico crown. 

She and Seabreeze would often take turns nap and watching the kids. In-between naps, when their schedules managed to sync, the two would chat about their futures of their children; Olive’s newly born, and Seabreeze’s soon to be born. Seabreeze, however, was not there in the moment, so Olive neither slept nor rested — as such, she was immediately aware of her packmate the moment she stepped into the mise-en-scène, but she was not concerned. Olive cheerily turned her face towards Wraen and proffered a sincere smile. She did not know Wraen well, but certainly she had come to visit the new family and bring a most valued gift — a meal. 
“Oh, good morning,” she greeted. Immediately, she wanted to say things like come meet my babies! and aren’t they adorable and ask me their names, oh, ask me anything! but Olive swallowed such desires and allowed herself nothing more than a very cordial and appropriate “It has been such a lovely, tepid spring so far.” The rest was probably implied simply by the way the mother beamed.
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams