The Sunspire please twirl me one more time and don’t stop spinning me
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
SORRY

It was so strange how the druid could almost feel the release of her son’s lovely energy as he found repose with ease. Whatever he felt, she felt; and hopefully, vice versa, so completely in tune, in a way that only a mother could know her child, a being of her own womb. Still, her other two — they were not like this, and that was not a bad thing. It was only a thing, you know?

With a smile that shone through the facade of sudden sleepiness, Olive raised her lilting gaze to meet Wraen’s, and struggled for a moment to find it. She almost felt drunk upon the flood of new-mommy hormones, and suspected it might last for some while longer — at least, until she stopped nursing — but the ashen mother would be totally fine to feel this way forever. It wasn’t impossible, after all.
“Yes,”  Olive obliged sweetly, blinking her long lashes unintentionally slowly. “It will be alright.” 

She didn’t know exactly to what the Beta was referring, but Olive disregarded it because the simple fact remained true, totally independent of the circumstances she may find herself in. 

At the mention of hunger, Olive tittered.
“Oh, I am,”  she chimed almost laughingly. These days, her appetite knew no bounds! Almost daily, when Olive said her prayer unto the stars, she thanked her gods for the security of Sunspire and their caches, on which was oh-so-conveniently located just down the hill from her and Seabreeze’s dwelling. It was always stocked with the most delicious of meats, which Olive ate earnestly and with gusto. Milk production could simply not be sustained on her customary vegetarian diet, so she relented and carefully place her ethical dilemma on the back burner. “and I am not the only one.” the woman commented, gesturing at the two babes who pulled at her belly and ate hungrily — and the who rested against her forearms.  “Will you join us?” Olive continued to assume that the slain goat was for her — but there was no reason to consume it alone.
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams