Northstar Vale If I didn't know any better I'd say this was a long time coming
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
As discussed, the next few posts will be for leadership members to discuss the situation. (Fira, this includes you!) :)

She can see concern in Kavik's gaze but Liri meets his steadily. The boy has lost much already and she can see how important this is to him. She will not deny Illidan the truth - she refuses to shelter him in the dark. He would hear whatever the future held straight from the jaws of this ambassador. Yet, the protective woman shifted so that her form sheltered his in the event that something violent occured.

The answer she receives was not the one she was expecting, for a moment she can only blink in shock at the way this subordinate is acting. 

Liri could understand living nearby and being alarmed to see such a large group practically in your backyard - she could even understand being territorial about it. But the woman's snarky words are uncalled for. 

Kavik responds first but Liri straightens as the woman addresses an insult in her direction - for she can hear it beneath the words as Treason raises her voice so Liri's wolves can hear. The healer would not show weakness in front of them. "I haven't promised them anything I'm not capable of," she promises, soft tones devoid of any malice. "In the future, you might wonder what it is that would make a wolf follow someone who looks like me before dismissing it," she says it calmly, as if it were genuine advice, her dark gaze flicking once over the girl - unimpressed.

It's Liri who leads a full, happy life with her mate, she who will soon have a territory of her own to call home, and children in the spring. She can't find it in herself to be worried about this woman's opinion.

The woman's next string of words cause the sylph's brows to raise. Bears? No, that wouldn't do at all - not if she wanted her wolves safe. "We've yet to get a chance to investigate and come across any bears. So far, we've only had time to deal with you," she retorts, not quite an insult but pointed enough that she'll get the message. 

"I assume the small one will return with your pack. I believe I'll wait to discuss this with them," she gives the woman a last sweet smile, dismissing her. Liri's not here to trade insults all day. 

True enough, the rest of the volatile girl's members arrive, some as aggressively as she did - she withheld an irritated sigh at this. She was growing tired of this hostile charade. 

Finally, the leaders arrived and Liri straightened, offering the girl who first appeared a smile. Shortly behind her is a male as large as Kavik, a deep scar across his throat. These two at least appear to have their heads on their shoulders.

"We never sought bloodshed," she said by way of greeting. Her gaze fell again on Treason, wondering if they were aware it was one of their own stirring up trouble. 

"I am Liri Blackfoot. Alpha of well...this group," she smiled the tiniest bit, "and former Alpha of Rosings." Since they were offering up their titles. 

"I apologize if we offended you by arriving so abruptly in your old home," she dipped her head, a knife of jealousy stabbing her heart as she considered another pack taking up residence in Blackfoot Forest. 

"We've been travelling in search of an appropriate territory and we were unaware anyone lived nearby. We'd considered investigating this place for our home but it's obvious that it doesn't suit our needs," Liri smiled, hoping to let him know it wasn't an insult to the Vale he was so sentimental of. 

The Sunspire pack before her ranged on varying degrees of skininess, as if struggling to find food. If they were desperate enough to hunt in a territory overrun with bears the prey must be very scarce. Liri couldn't imagine the territory supporting another pack and she didn't want it, now that she'd been informed of its shortcomings. The healer would rather travel a bit farther in search of a better place to make their home. 

"We won't linger long, I doubt we'd be welcome to anyhow," her dark gaze again finds the outspoken Gamma. 

"A word of advice, keep a closer eye on that one. Luckily, my group isn't quick to attack," hint, hint, "but if she were to approach another unfamiliar group in that manner, they might be a bit more offended than us." 

It's nothing but friendly advice, there's no ill will in her polite gaze. No insult or threat could be found, her words could not be twisted. She merely offered help to the Alpha, assuming he might not want an angry pack crashing down on his own in the future. 

"We will rest somewhere further north, where we won't disturb your hunting lands, and then we will leave," she promises, dipping her head once.
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

Messages In This Thread
RE: If I didn't know any better I'd say this was a long time coming - by Síff - August 10, 2018, 12:39 PM