Gyrfalcon's Keep know that we will stay resilient
So they shipped me off to the orphanage, said "ditch those roots if you wanna fit in".
182 Posts
Ooc — summer
for @Ciervo !

Onyx glanced around the Keep. A few Gyrfalcons watched her closely, but none attacked... Yet. She sniffed along the ground, looking for the same thing as last time. Pretty feathers to decorate her underground den. She found a small black one, but by the scent it wasn't a gyrfalcon- just a crow that had flown over by or stopped for a rest and happened to shed a feather. Instead of carrying it in her mouth, she had woven in quickly into her tail fur, using her tail as a feather holder. the gleaming black feather blended in well with her glossy obsidian fur that was her namesake. Onyx admired the pretty dark feather in her fur for a moment with vivid blue optics. Oooo! She gasped at it's pretty shine. Slowly she continued to snuffle along the ground, looking for the pretty feathers for her den.

caught up and lost in all of our vices
68 Posts
Ooc — Mini
here he is :B
I'm going to squeeze this in his timeline before he meets with his sister
my heart's in atrophy

Eat. Sleep -- and repeat.
It was at the least expected second, when the Ostrega trotted away from his improvised shelter, that the cruel reality of his most repugnant fear hit him directly in the face. Without noticing so, the dreaded monster he had tried to elude by leaving his home behind had caught up to him: routine.
Even if he had made a point of placing an immense distance between him and his past, the rust colored Ostrega had not been able to rid himself of the shackles of monotony.

This sudden realization was the equivalent of a natural disaster in the coywolf's mind. With his lips parting slightly to let a rush of curse words to spill from his mouth like water cascading down a mountain, the already ill-tempered male began to run erratically in the opposite direction he had first intended to take. He'd rather die that let the tedious claws of routine he had so desperately tried to run form get him back into their grasp.

Soon, he found himself slinking around the towering edges of the cliffs and sharp sides of the place known as Gryfalcon's Keep, his raggedy and tousled fur blending nicely with the earthen hues of the imposing mountain range. Suddenly, as he debated whether if trudging up one side to cause havoc in the prey birds' nest or jumping around the harsh edges would be enough to break off the routine he heard a distant voice echoing further ahead.
His crazy pirouettes would have to wait.
With his tail flagging behind him as he began to follow his nose to where the small female was at; but instead of stepping into the daylight and into the female's view the Ostrega remained concealed behind a boulder. His eyes following her every move as the wheels in his mind twisted into a plan.

<style> .free-one {background-color:#FFFFFF
; width:600px; margin:0px auto; text-indent:80px; color:#000000
; font-family:Times New Roman; font-size:14px; line-height:1.5em; padding:20px; text-align:justify;} .free-one-pic {float:left; margin:10px;} .free-one b {font-weight:600; color:#8B0000;} .free-one p {margin:0px;} .free-one-lyric{font-family: 'Alex Brush', cursive; font-size:32px; border-bottom:1px solid black; line-height:13px;} </style>
So they shipped me off to the orphanage, said "ditch those roots if you wanna fit in".
182 Posts
Ooc — summer
sorry for the wait! I usually don't take this long to reply! Also just to let you know Onyx is not that small- she's very big actually, especially tall.

Onyx, unaware of her new audience, continued to sniff along for the natural treasures. Her black nose pressed to the cold stone, her diamond blue eyes focused for any glimpses of shining feathers. Up ahead was a gyrfalcon nest that was currently unoccupied. The owner must of been out hunting or something. But she wouldn't risk her chances with something so dangerous as going up to a nest. She was curious, a bit slow, but not stupid. Her pretty ice optics scanned the dull grey scene before her. Why don't they shed their feathers everywhere? She murmured to herself in frustration. She wanted to be able to just get the gyrfalcon feather and be done with it. But it wasn't that simple.

Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
CRASHING!! i know we talked about the 2 bullying onyx -- PLEASE let me know if you want me to step out!!

Caiaphas had been unaware of any company in the area until she saw a small flurry of Gyrfalcons alight to the wind not too far from her -- raising her head from the shattered yolk of an egg she had been gorging on, she studied their flight curiously. A rich gob of thick yolk stretched ropy and threadlike from her lips as she watched -- with a snap of her narrow jaw the tendril of egg-drool sharply retracted into her muzzle.

Underneath her there remained two eggs pristine in color and condition, tucked carefully about a nest of thistleweed and brine-moss. Caiaphas remained hidden behind the stone's overlook, though she could hear in the wind a female speaking. She elected to stand quite still then, both ears strained forwards to eavesdrop the strangers below her.
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
68 Posts
Ooc — Mini
noo welcome laur :)
my heart's in atrophy

With the female still in sight the Ostrega, who was still carefully concealed behind one of the jagged boulders that stuck out the scenery, crawled from his hide out,his ears tightly pinned onto his skull as he began to position himself for the ambush.

Slowly, slipping past the boulder with the same ease as a snake that slithers through the grasses the man stepped into the open space of the beach, his lean and long legs carrying him closer to the female, whom he approached with both confidence and malice.

"Ah, I wouldn't be picking that up, rubble collector"he barked with a tone full of condescendence as he focused his golden gaze on the iridescent glimmer of the feather the female had set her eye on a couple of moments ago. Then even giving importance to the natural ritual of introductions he went on,"Don't you know those feathers carry filth and disease from the birds?" he retorted, scrunching up his nose in feign disgust as he motioned towards the feather with his muzzle, a gesture that would only reinforce the lie he planned to shove down the innocent female's throat.

; font-family:Times New Roman; font-size:14px; line-height:1.5em; padding:20px; text-align:justify;} .free-one-pic {float:left; margin:10px;} .free-one b {font-weight:600; color:#8B0000;} .free-one p {margin:0px;} .free-one-lyric{font-family: 'Alex Brush', cursive; font-size:32px; border-bottom:1px solid black; line-height:13px;} </style>
182 Posts
Ooc — summer

Onyx looked up at an approaching man. She noticed his golden eyes. Her blue ones looked confused as he mentioned the feathers carrying disease and filth. But I pick these up all the time. I'm sure their fine, I haven't gotten sick. Besides, it's in my tail, no longer my mouth. They are quite pretty, too. She told him quietly, debating whether or not to get rid of the feather despite the thoughts she had brought up. She continued to keep it in her tail, not wanting to get rid of her newfound treasure.

Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
Caiaphas, wretched scullion that she was, had no problem lying low. She pressed her narrow chest to the stone and craned her thin neck forward, large ears tilted ahead as she eavesdropped the conversation below.

She could tell by the voices alone the gender of each, though she could not see from her vantage their bodies. She inched forwards with two eggs cradled carefully in her jaw, moving silently along the nest -- until she met the brim of rock where the two conversed below her. With great care Caiaphas deposited the two eggs between her paws and shifted so her body was parallel with the stone. She lifted her head to the side and peered down the slab, her ears pressed back to eliminate any likelihood of being detected. She would wait and see how this unfolded -- the male's voice at present carried too much malice for Caiaphas to stroll between them.
68 Posts
Ooc — Mini
my heart's in atrophy

The innocence shining upon the female's icy eyes served only as fuel for the decieving man, who with the same tranquility with which he had walked in, continued to scheme his next response. The sourness that lied within his champagne colored eyes and his dissaproving frown were gestures that had been perfected through trial and error. This was not the first, nor it would be the last, that Ciervo toyed with another's head.

It had become a habit that nearly bordered the line of addiction. An addiction that despite proving to be harmful in his relations had brought more joy than sadness -- or so he liked to think. With his eyes now scanning the feather entwined in the female's charcoal fur he began to shake his head in mock dissaproval and concern, like a doctor that makes a diagnosis without speaking a word.

He allowed the tensing silence to linger for a couple more seconds before parting his lips dramatically, as if the female's statement had been spoken in a foreign language. "Well, you are wrong"he stated bluntly, giving his head an extra shake to add emphasis, "I am a shaman, I should know" he added suddenly, making a point to lift his chin to show pride on his fake title.
"And right below gull feathers," he began again, not realizing how fitting the mention of such bird would be for his little charade, "Gryfalcon feathers are highly infective" he barked at last, scrunching up his nose once more before getting a sudden urge to make things even more dramatic.
"You have not put in in your mouth have you?!" he urged, a well rehearsed look of pure concern curving his face into a frown.

182 Posts
Ooc — summer
sorry for holding y'all up

Onyx's ears flattened in nervousness, lower and lower at each comment. By the last one, a question, her eyes were filled with worry, her obsidian ears flat against her skull. [size=x-small]Highly infective..[/size] Well, just for a few moments, before I put it in my tail.... She said quietly and nervously, practically trembling with every word. What if she was infected? It would be okay. Thistle Cloud Loðbrók could heal her, right? But what if she died of a bird illness, just like Mama!? She didn't want to die!

Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
The spry coywolf stifled a snigger as she observed the invective tone in the male's voice. As she peeked carefully over the slab she could see the fallen countenance of the dark female, no doubt struck by the agouti's mordant inflection.

Quickly the little wretch retracted, her narrow jaws seizing the first of the eggs she had transported over to the precipice. She balanced precariously on the stone and with a mighty heavy tossed the first swollen egg downwards, aiming directly for the agouti's flank. No sooner had her small teeth released the first egg was she firing the second -- this one aimed in Onyx's direction. The rapid succession of her limited fire meant she hopefully had surprise on her side -- and quieting another gleeful cackle Caiaphas held back, listening with a keen ear perked for the cries of outrage sure to sound below.
68 Posts
Ooc — Mini
[size=medium]"sell your soul not your whole self"[/size]

[size=small]The ease with which she fell right into his trap was amazing.
Either all the lies he had told in the past had made him master his decieving skills to the point it was with effortless grace that he shoved lies down his victim's throat or the young female before his eyes was the epitome of naiveté. Regarless of which it was, it was with blatant delight that he watched the female's eyes cloud with doubt as his words began to sink in, crawling underneath her skin like an infectious parasite.

"Intestinal infections are never easy to cure, they're basically a foretold death warrant" he barked as he shook his head in feign concern, his golden eyes sparkling with pity for the girl for a brief second before he was rudely interrupted by the startling explosion of gooey yolk that splashed over his feet. "Fuck!" he growled, lifting one of the splatter paws up for closer inspection.
Then the second missile came.

With flattened ears the Ostrega jerked himself away from the female, leaving the whole charade momentarily forgotten as he swung his head around to look at the skies. While his companion's ingenuity might have been enough to pass the strange occurence of flying eggs as real, Ciervo was much smarter to fall for that. With his eyes narrowed and his lips curled into an annoyed grimace curving his face he looked up for any give away of the projectile's source.
[/size]
182 Posts
Ooc — summer

Onyx gasped. A foretold death warrant?! She didn't want to die! She was too young- she barely had any friends, had never been in love, and had no family left known. But before she could begin to protest or beg for a cure, a foul word split the air as something gooey and yellow landed at his feet. What?! She thought, her nose scrunching up in disgust. She looked at him in confusion as he darted away from her. She didn't see it coming until she turned her head and it was two feet from her leg. The egg cracked and splattered against her, the gooey liquid splashing across her dark fur. The pieces of egg either stuck or fell to the ground. Now Onyx was gullible, but she knew eggs didn't fly. Please stop. I don't like it. She said, her blue eyes surveying the rocks above. Her voice had slight disgust in it as she poked at the weird goo on her leg.

Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
She listened with baited breath, hunched like some sickly gargoyle behind the slab of stone. Down below she heard the pleasing smack of egg-shell shattering, and the consequential scurry of footfalls. It was enough to make Caiaphas rife with delight -- and with great restrain she managed to remain silent.

However, it was not for long -- just envisioning the expressions on her victims below caused her to titter delightedly, and with unbridled delectation. Unfortunately, it also revealed her spot -- in a panic she fell silent and cast a wary eye about her.
68 Posts
Ooc — Mini
so so so sorry for the delay ;__;

[size=small]After the silent air attack, the land below the Siren's perch became chaos.
Like a real warzone, with the female cowering in the corner and Ciervo searching the skies for another attack, the soft whimpers of the female merged with the sudden cackling of a creature above. Inmediately, like a radar that has oicked up a radio signal, his ears twisted crazily over his cranium, easily finding the direction in which the noises had been heard.
Still, no face appeared to claim the act.

So with a faceless joker lingering above them and a pool of goo under his toes he curled his lips back into a snarl. There was no point in cursing out a criminal that would not come out, so with a last huff and a final lash of his tail he decided that using the event to his advantage would perhaps be his best bet. With his head swinging around to face the egg-covered female and his most dirty paw lifting from the ground he hissed, "No,you won't like the nasty rash that will appear if you don't clean it quickly!".
Unknowingly, by Caiaphas had teamed up with him, and as a partner in crime she would get part of the credit.

His eyes flickered to the boulder that hid her figure before, with a repressed snicker, he turned back to Onyx, his eyes now more urgent as he hopped towards her. His muzzle poking roughly onto her side as he attempted to usher her away from the beach and into the gurgling waters that licked the shore.
Now, if he could only convince her that snorting up the sand and holding her head underwater was her only salvation..
[/size]
182 Posts
Ooc — summer

A small snicker came from above, and Onyx's icy-in-color-but-not-mood eyes settled on the spot where it came from, though no faces showed. She wondered if this person threw the eggs at them. She would try to bend her kindness to hate her, but it seemed impossible for the gullible teen to hate any living thing. When the man mentioned a nasty rash, Onyx gasped. The water... She murmured as he nudged her towards the sea. Onyx went willingly, beginning towards the deep oceans.

Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
fading phas! ty for the thread
Stirring trouble seemed without provenance when there was no dangerous fruit to be rewarded -- as Caiaphas trembled under the shadowed sledge she was disappointed to overhear what seemed to be no further investigation.

Well -- that simply wouldn't do -- they had to behold the grandiose of their tormenter. With a grunt she pulled herself out from the cold slab and peered down at her victims, her gaunt expression rife with exultation. A shrieking crow of victory parted her muzzle as she spat down upon her scapegoats -- and with one last snigger the surly urchin retreated back towards the direction of the Sound.
68 Posts
Ooc — Mini
we can fade whenever :3 unless you want ciervo to attempt to drown her hehe

[size=small]Another brusque shove of his nose and the female was practically ankle-deep into the murky waters of the ocean. This was far too easy, but not less enjoyable because of it. With his nose still prodding at the female's side as if she were cattle he attempted to lure her into greater depths, hoping that no question would be asked as he suddenly begand to splatter her back with his paw and chant senseless nothings as if he were beginning some kind of ritual.

But Ciervo was no messiah, he had not been chosen for anything except maybe making the world a little less enjoyable for those he met. He was no saint, he was the antichrist in the flesh and bone, and like true sinner he held no remorse what other kinds of trickery he could shove down the naive female's throat.
Out of all the crimes he had, and could commit, murder was not one he would hold back on.
[/size]
182 Posts
Ooc — summer
up to you, do you wanna fade soon? I'd be fine with going longer but if you don't want to I'm good with stopping here as well. btw thank you guys both so much for the thread, turned out lots of fun!

Onyx's head whipped around as a victorious crow came from where they'd been. Her blue eyes glimpsed something as it departed from the direction where the eggs had come from, and her eyes narrowed. But not for long as the gullible teenager turned back the sea. He began chanting and splattering her back. Huh..? She mumured in a confused tone, glancing back at him, though she didn't question further. Just scooted a few inches deeper into the ocean.

68 Posts
Ooc — Mini
last post for me -- i really enjoyed this thread also vinyl feel free to pp that onyx left his grasp and ran for her life?? i dont wanna kill her ciervo does ;p

[size=small]Soon, the decision to act upon his urges became stronger than his will to keep them restrained under his little charade. This female obviously lacked a brain, not to mention better jugdement, and so it felt like Ciervo's only duty to terminate her life at once. Natural selection was a great method to reduce stupidity, but with all the idiots that ran around freely, sometimes Mother Nature needed a helping hand.
With her idiocy her death was only imminent -- so why wait?

Time waited for no one, so without him waiting for another question to burst from the female's lips he pounced on top of her, his forepaws trying to lock around her neck in order to drag her down with his own weight. "You'll float after" he barked through the splashing of his paws as he tried to pull her head underneath the surface and then keep it there.
He had never drowned anyone -- not a wolf or another creature but figured that it couldn't be too hard.
With the bubbles as his reference point all he really had to do was wait.
[/size]
182 Posts
Ooc — summer
ty so much for this! I will archive it.

As he tried to pull her under, she knew all that came from that was the lungs to fill with water and burst. She was not a fish, and could not breath underwater, and had no gills. She struggled wildly then, thrashing around, throwing herself from his grasp. Without another glance back at the trouble-maker she darted away with her ears pinned to her head, not to mention wet fur and a little bit of egg goop left on her leg. Pausing, Onyx thought about what all had just happened, everything the man had said, and began to realize... Jerk! She snarled quietly to herself, continuing to walk. Her tail dragging behind her in defeat, dark feather barely hanging on as she headed back towards the Bay in loss.