The Sentinels [MANDATORY] down to earth, keep on falling when i know it hurts
slowly drifting, wave after wave
826 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
deirdre was not one for logistics; while perhaps there was wiseness in what aria meant to do, deirdre was blind to it herself as it went against what her father had built here. had he wished to train them, he would have--and had the plateau been such a pack, surely dante would have trained his subordinates, as well. she knew what her father wished for donnelaith, knew it because he spoke of donnelaith in the highlands to her as a cub. a land of peace, a land of unity, a land of song and dance and joy!

she looked aghast as aria continued to speak. deirdre was no fool, herself--one thing would lead to another, and to train in defense was to utilize offense, what other way was there?

constantine brought up her own incident, and deirdre looked toward him, wondering what he might say now. he used what she had endured as a means to this end, and deirdre's ears pricked in his direction. he put it more eloquently than aria had, put an explanation upon it, but it still did not bode well with her. she felt ill, and lifted her head some as she watched the man before her speak well. he supported this, she realized, dizzied by it. and truly, he had justified it; not to her, but to himself! deirdre battled with herself, battled as she heard her father speak in the heavy gale that roared in her ears.

self-defense. it is only self-defense.

osprey spoke, woman who was loved by her father, loved by her, and deirdre listened to her as she, too, fell into line with aria's words. osprey spoke to the heart of it, and deirdre nodded at her, though perhaps for not the reason that might be wished.

i understand, deirdre spoke, then, her head turning toward aria, then to constantine. know that i do. but osprey, as you have said, she said, her soft gaze falling upon her, that is not donnelaith. my father--he would not wish for this, and were he alive, i do not think you would utter these words, her eyes turned toward aria. it is my father who dreamt and sought to maintain donnelaith as a place for peace, and none of you thought he was a fool, then, so do not pretend that my notions are impossible or the stuff of imbecilic fantasy, she breathed, maintaining her own composure. she sensed the tension, the frustration, and though she wished to dispel it she equally felt the necessity of them understanding that the direction they were taking was not in line with their ideals. if you wish to do these things, do not do so under the name of donnelaith. do not do it upon my fathers grave. it was desecration, and heinous to her. she took a deep breath in, and was the very picture of serenity as she looked, now, to aria. my father--he loved you. loves you, still, despite all of this. he trusted you to beside him. no one could have anticipated his death, but he would not regret his decision to place you where he did. though if he were here today, he would not have this. she spoke steady and she spoke true, her attentions upon aria. she was young, yes, but she knew donnelaith and was the purity and the goodness he wished to come of this place. a dream, realized.
[Image: BCay9TG.png]
in oceans deep. my faith will stand
Messages In This Thread
RE: [MANDATORY] down to earth, keep on falling when i know it hurts - by Deirdre - August 15, 2016, 02:58 PM