The Sentinels Too much sauce
the dragon of the sea
302 Posts
Ooc — Mary

The pale witch had greeted him, warning that the child was in a state that was not to be disturbed. Deirdre feared that seeing him would push the child over the edge. She had moved to pull him away from Sharkbait and to lead him back toward the wood, but before she was able to truly turn the wraith around, there was a flurry of movement and a sharp cry.

His dark eyes fell on the child, and his expression did not change. He regarded her with a frown while she yelled at him, fur bristling and eyes wild. She wished to know what he had done with her father – she wanted to know where he was. A sigh fell from the leviathan’s lips as he turned to glance toward Deirdre for only a fraction of a second. There was no way that he could be pulled away from the distressed child. Her anger had fueled her out to him to inquire about her family, and though Skellige would have believed that her priorities were misguided, he was pleased to see the fire in her gut. That very same anger had been what had fueled him through his youthful years. Perhaps the sea had not betrayed him with her.

“I have done nothing to your father,” he growled quietly, furrowing his brows over his eyes with a deepening frown. “He was taken to the waves, just as you were. You are younger and smaller than he, and somehow you managed to wash up,” his tone was gruff as he rolled the words off of his tongue. “Surely, he’s found himself on a shore down the beach.” There was no reason to dampen his words for her, to make them softer. Surely, Deirdre would have wanted him to speak with more tact, but Skellige was beyond that. “Trespassers are not permitted on claimed land. It is the way of wolves – he should have known this. Instead, he tried to follow you into my territory,” his tone was growing more agitated as he recalled the sheer stupidity of the encounter.

A huff fell past his lips and he shook his skull back and forth. “He did not ask. He did not wait. When I had my kin hold him into place, he struggled to fight, and if he is willing to fight a wolf who was only trying to hold him on the borders, I did not know what other harm he would cause if he were set free.” Her anger was pleasing to him, but it was unwarranted. She had directed the fury at the wrong person – she should have turned it inward. Had she not foolishly run toward the depths, her father would not have attempted to follow. If she was old enough to cry in – what she believed to be – justified rage, she was old enough to realize and to regret that her actions had caused them both to be tossed to the mercy of the depths.

“Entering Blackrock territory was a mistake, but still I tended to you when you washed ashore – acted as a father figure. You can resent me for the rest of your life, but you have very little reason,” he ended with a curling lip over yellowed canines. Once he had finished speaking, the swarthy sea wolf turned his head toward Deirdre with an expression of awful frustration. He turned to move away from the child as she had instructed before Sharkbait’s outburst. Skellige was certain that she would feel as though she were attacked, but he was not the type to soften the lash of his tongue.
what would an ocean be without a monster lurking in the dark?
it would be like sleep without dreams
Messages In This Thread
Too much sauce - by Larkspur - August 25, 2016, 08:51 AM
RE: Too much sauce - by Deirdre - August 25, 2016, 09:03 AM
RE: Too much sauce - by Larkspur - August 25, 2016, 09:10 AM
RE: Too much sauce - by Deirdre - August 25, 2016, 09:18 AM
RE: Too much sauce - by Starbuck - August 25, 2016, 09:23 AM
RE: Too much sauce - by Larkspur - August 25, 2016, 09:37 AM
RE: Too much sauce - by Deirdre - August 25, 2016, 01:19 PM
RE: Too much sauce - by Larkspur - August 25, 2016, 01:42 PM
RE: Too much sauce - by Deirdre - August 25, 2016, 02:03 PM
RE: Too much sauce - by Larkspur - August 25, 2016, 02:19 PM