Dawnlark Plains [m]Tell my almost ex-wife That I loved her and left her too soon
Follow your heart, listen to your inner voice, stop caring about what others think.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Sunny had been gone for far too long, and no amount of searching had turned up any sign of him. As the days drew on, Steph's worries only grew stronger. She had refused to let any notion come in her mind that said Sunny had left her on purpose. He would not do such a thing. But, that meant something, or someone, had been keeping him away. 

She paused in her trails when she saw the group gathered around. She drew forward, tail wagging she she realized Sunny was in the midst of them. We bounded ahead, eager to erase the distance. Sunny! she yelled joyously, sticking her nose into the fur on his throat.

It was then she noticed that coldness had already begun to seep into his body, and she recoiled as if he had snapped at her, and her  expression turned to shock. Her eyes searched his still body for any signs that what her instincts were telling her was wrong. One breath was all she needed. But it would not come. Sunny was forever still. 

Her breathing shallowed and quickened as fear and sadness set in with the realization that Sunny was gone. She did not move to embrace him one last time. He would not feel her, and she did not want to feel his lack of warmth again. Instead, she turned to a sobbing Valiant to lend her comfort to him. Her body lowered next to his as she attempted to snuggle him and place her head over the back of his neck.

She glanced to Artyom, to the horizon, to the grass, to anywhere except the form lying before them. She didn't want to remember Sunny this way. and so she wouldn't. But she knew there were things to be done. Valiant, she said softly. Stone Circle was our home for so long. Could we... Could we take him back there to rest?  She wasn't sure how the young male would reply, but if he declined, she would not push the matter.
The soul that sees beauty may sometimes walk alone ~Geothe
Sunny is allowed in all threads, open or private, created by Steph
Messages In This Thread
RE: [m]Tell my almost ex-wife That I loved her and left her too soon - by Steph - July 27, 2020, 05:20 PM