Haunted Wood I think I was wrecked all along.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,035 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She wondered if Bridget would be reluctant to leave her by herself, though it should be a relatively quick trip. Fortunately, she agreed, and Towhee let out a breath of relief. She still wanted so badly to go home, yet at least her loved ones wouldn't be left hanging for much longer.

Bridget reassured her that it would heal, though it might never be the same. Towhee made no reply, holding still and watching as the pale she-wolf gathered up some flowers the same color as a sunset. Even in the dark, they were bright. She wrinkled her nose a bit when Bridget began to chew on them, imagining they didn't taste so great.

Towhee hissed sharply when the medic spread the resultant paste over the snakebite. "Fuck, that still hurts like a bitch," she said, letting out a shaky breath. "I mean, everything hurts but my foot, it's..." She paused, trying to come up with words to describe. "It's worse than childbirth."

She offered a small, grimacing nod when Bridget told her to let the paste dry before soaking it again. "Thanks," Towhee acknowledged, "for everything. I mean..." She glanced at the rippling water a few feet away, sparkling a little under the light of the waning crescent moon. "I'd be dead meat right now if it wasn't for you."

Her eyes drifted back to Bridget's face, studying the woman in the darkness, really taking in the details for the first time. She really reminded Towhee of Fennec and Meerkat, though her copper markings and lavender eyes set her apart. The Sovereign felt a great fondness for this stranger who had saved her keister.

"All I know about you is your name and that you're a healer," she mused. "Will you tell me about yourself?" She was finally conscious enough to pay attention and, despite the low light, their proximity allowed her to read Bridget's lips. Towhee focused on them, genuinely interested in learning more about her savior.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
I think I was wrecked all along. - by Towhee - July 02, 2021, 10:37 PM
RE: I think I was wrecked all along. - by Bridget - July 03, 2021, 01:13 AM
RE: I think I was wrecked all along. - by Towhee - July 03, 2021, 08:40 AM
RE: I think I was wrecked all along. - by Bridget - July 03, 2021, 11:41 AM
RE: I think I was wrecked all along. - by Towhee - July 03, 2021, 11:54 AM
RE: I think I was wrecked all along. - by Bridget - July 03, 2021, 12:20 PM
RE: I think I was wrecked all along. - by Towhee - July 03, 2021, 12:52 PM
RE: I think I was wrecked all along. - by Bridget - July 03, 2021, 01:08 PM
RE: I think I was wrecked all along. - by Towhee - July 03, 2021, 01:37 PM
RE: I think I was wrecked all along. - by Bridget - July 03, 2021, 02:14 PM
RE: I think I was wrecked all along. - by Towhee - July 03, 2021, 02:35 PM