The Tangle [M] And roar beside the lions thinking how is it so easy
600 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
As she nestled her face into the fur of his chest, he shifted to draw her closer, then let his head rest gently in an embrace where it was. Ashlar was happy to stay like that for a while, but inevitably, he too began to remember that there were other things out there. He had absolutely forgotten until now.

He belonged in the Rise, she belonged with the sea. He knew he could not leave Avicus and the rest of his pack, but when he thought of returning, his stomach turned with anxiety. He could not go back now and leave her here alone. His fear wasn't one of possession, but something deeper and less logical. There was no identifiable reason to it, just an emotion that permeated and gripped him.

I have to go back, he said quietly, turning his head to press his cheek to her fur instead as he spoke. But if you want, I can stay for a while? They won't need me. He couldn't say that for sure and felt guilty even as he spoke it. But they hadn't needed him these past weeks and she had not found her war yet. If Avicus were to grow with pups, then perhaps. For at least a week he should be safe. He would need to explain when he returned, and he would. Hopefully they would understand.
Messages In This Thread
RE: [M] And roar beside the lions thinking how is it so easy - by Ashlar - April 19, 2022, 06:10 PM