Hideaway Strath I long for that look of surprise when you see your son rising at last
Loner
115 Posts
Ooc —
She recognized him - she recognized him! Turmeric didn’t know just how much he had grown, only that he did, by the way the way once towering things were smaller to him now. Like how he didn’t have to tip his head up to catch mom’s eye anymore, or stand on his tiptoes to kiss her.

I’m here, he leaned into her affection, and you’re here. he laughed, you don’t need to explain. I missed you, too. So, so much.

But she did explain, and what she shared brought a swirl of emotion he hadn’t let himself feel since the long days after the Saints had fallen. Taken. She had been taken, and soft anger flared in his heart - that seed of hatred - though his countenance did not change.

Only at the mention of his siblings.

Something dimmed in his eyes, and his once laughing voice grew softer. Subdued. I… had hoped they’d be with you. Funny, how his mouth quivered now, how the sadness and anger and great feelings of loss leaked through cracks the mere seeing of his mother had opened.

He wished she might hug him again.