Pledged
Bearclaw
828 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Ranger
Guardian
Warrior
tag = invitation <3  >:D

Time had passed quickly for Lilia, whose focus had been driven toward training and hunting. She was lightly shocked by the recent murder at the borders of the Rise, but it did not make her fearful of the neutral lands beyond her borders. If nothing else, she craved the excitement. She thirsted for revenge, and it made her a sharper hunter and tracker. Each successful hunt nurtured her prey drive, and made her long to kill again. 

The scent of any unfamiliar wolf made her bristle, and she roved through the marsh with her senses on high alert. Any of those wolves could be attached to the one who had killed her packmate and the potential danger thrilled her. But when she caught a familiar scent above the smell of earth and moss, she stiffened for a moment. This wasn't a packmate- but it instantly triggered a voice in her brain that registered as ally.

Not only was it the scent of the ocean which belonged to the pack nearby that had been marked as safe, but it belonged to the russet-furred boy who had lingered in her thoughts since their meeting. She kept that memory private, but visited it often, and had found herself reliving the experience in her dreams. She spent a moment combing her teeth through her fur, smoothing out the ridge along her spine where the fur had been standing, and picking out a few stray strands of dried grass she'd somehow managed to pick up. Being focused on training had distracted her from her vanity. The princess had begun to hone her claws. 

She sought him out, following her nose, hoping to find him there while also trying to look as though she was perhaps busy doing something else- so he might not get the impression he was being hunted. It was by mere coincidence that they'd been in the same area to begin with- though she was perfectly content with trying to convince herself that he was actually on his way to see her.
Messages In This Thread
RE: i broke time to save my knight in shining armor - by Ameline - December 16, 2022, 09:17 PM