Redhawk Caldera Doubt is a broken record that plays inside my head
Brecheliant
Family
810 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
All Welcome 
vague, set before chickadee situation but after Reyes. I can RO this <3 easily. Just want to get her headspace caught up

Bridget was deeply worried about @Sorana. If it was her choice, she wouldn’t be alone for this, but she’d tried to offer only to be turned away. This wasn’t something she could force; if Sorana wanted to speak with her, or lean on her, she would do it. Bridget slept on the shore near the island after that, far enough to give her the solitude she’d clearly sought, near enough to be a call away.

She would understand it, if Sorana blamed her for a while. Bridget knew that it wasn’t her fault, and that she had done all that she could, but death was a hard thing to accept. Reyes had returned and, unintentionally, destroyed the one thing he treasured most.

She kept an eye out for @Teya too, welcoming a conversation but knowing Bronco would be there for her to talk to. She hoped that her friend didn’t freeze the man out of her feelings in the fear of bringing up her ex. Teya had a bad habit of withholding… but Bronco would understand. If he didn’t then he didn’t deserve her.

The entire pack seemed like it was splitting at the seams. With children still missing and everyone else’s lives spiraling into chaos, she knew the best thing she could do was provide a steady presence and help wherever possible.

Silently, Bridget stood in the burbling stream, watching and waiting for the chance to add a catch to her small (but growing) pile.

Without really realizing it, she’d shifted to crisis mode, the professional mask and the calm that came with it now her default setting. All that mattered was getting through this and seeing those she loved undamaged on the other side.
Messages In This Thread
Doubt is a broken record that plays inside my head - by Bridget - February 11, 2023, 02:35 PM