Cerulean Cape I think that she knows I'm out of control
Pledged
Party City
1,545 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Saltshore was closer than she'd thought — but Lestan did not want to wait, it seemed, and Reverie could never bring herself to argue with him anymore. Not when he sacrificed so much for her, more with each day. The very least she could do, she thought, was give him that thing all men wanted, even if they wanted it in secret, even if they wanted it in shame: control.
Alright, She relented with great reluctance, but relented all the same. I - it's difficult to put into words. There's... a light that follows you, Lestan, but... A shiver passed through her. There's something dark, too - and - I think that's what I need.
The flowers. The blood. How could she explain it? There was so much beauty in him, but Reverie was afraid that if she described it she would look into his eyes and see only the horror of it reflected back at her. Lestan was too gentle for this, too much a flower to do anything but wither in the darkness. But she couldn't protect him from himself any more than he could do the same for her — and she needed him now.
I'm sorry, She couldn't contain the surge of guilt. I - I'm already such a burden on you, and now I'm asking for more - Reverie found herself quite suddenly verging on hysterics, her voice rising in a sob with her last words and then falling in despair as she added, Maybe - maybe Riordan will know a different way -
Reverie cut herself off abruptly, feeling this was a misstep even as the words left her mouth.
Messages In This Thread
RE: I think that she knows I'm out of control - by Reverie - May 18, 2023, 10:38 AM