Stavanger Bay I'll stare directly at the sun but never in the mirror
Pledged
Party City
1,545 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Private 
I'll figure out where this goes in my timeline laterrr
Reverie didn't often go off by herself anymore; she was always with Blossom, always showing her something new, teaching her all the things that Reverie wished someone would have taught her. But sometimes she wondered how she could possibly teach Blossom things she herself did not know; like how to love herself, how to look at the world and see something kind, how to exist in peace and love. Somehow, her daughter was learning all the same.
But one day she would have to let her go, she knew this. For her sake more than anything; what had Reverie ever held close to her that did not, in the end, burn? She couldn't do that to Blossom. She wouldn't. The knowledge left her feeling empty more often than not.
All that was forgotten, at least for a moment, when she saw it: the golden bird, again! Reverie rose thoughtlessly to follow it out to the shoreline, uncertain what she would find. All she knew was that she had to follow it; she could not let it escape her, not this time, not when the bird represented everything she had ever reached for and failed to grasp.