Bramblepoint i am faster than 80% of all snakes
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
The kids were growing almost as fast as Bronco’s grey hair. He often avoided looking at his reflection when he drank, focusing his gaze on the ripples closest to his nose when he’d noticed just how much his muzzle had greyed. He stopped drinking to allow the ripples to settle, and when he did, he was shocked. 

He remembered his father’s face, and he saw it now- but older. He had to wonder if this was what Colt would have looked like- but then again, he’d never really had any idea how old his father was anyway. Jokes had been made quietly about the age difference between his parents, but certainly, Colt had never looked this old. 

He huffed and moved away from the lake, continuing down the scent trail left behind by Frolic who’d ventured further than her protective cousin/uncle (he really wasn’t sure at this point how they were related) would have liked. 

Reining in Ponyboy was a lost cause, but maybe Frolic would listen to him.

Her scent led him toward an awful din- and while he had no idea that moments ago, Frolic had bolted away from the danger, he could hear the growls and snarls of wolves as well as something that sounded like a cougar. 

His heart sank. Bronco was not a fighter, not anymore- but he was a father. 

He approached, and balked at first when he saw the striped feline- both longer and substantially heavier than any cougar he’d ever seen. Some unholy cat with the strength of a bear, and milling about it in attempts to hold it at bay were two wolves and a child. Frolic bolted, and then fell. A coyote passed by with a shout, and while Bronco was wary of coyotes, he believed in this instant that she would definitely be safer with the other canine than if she stayed around here. Bronco moved directly toward her, to intercept her line of vision. 

”Go, Frolic,” He said in a low, stern tone. ”Get back,” He commanded with a bark, hoping at least she’d keep her distance if she wouldn’t run. 

For the children, he’d risk it. He’d taken a look into his own eyes just minutes ago, and somewhere within them he still saw a protector.

With experienced reluctance, he joined in the battle.
Messages In This Thread
i am faster than 80% of all snakes - by Frolic - August 10, 2023, 12:16 PM
RE: i am faster than 80% of all snakes - by Seal - August 10, 2023, 01:13 PM
RE: i am faster than 80% of all snakes - by Frolic - August 10, 2023, 02:22 PM
RE: i am faster than 80% of all snakes - by Seal - August 10, 2023, 03:02 PM
RE: i am faster than 80% of all snakes - by Frolic - August 10, 2023, 03:32 PM
RE: i am faster than 80% of all snakes - by Meridian - August 10, 2023, 04:42 PM
RE: i am faster than 80% of all snakes - by Shard - August 12, 2023, 05:00 PM
RE: i am faster than 80% of all snakes - by Seal - August 12, 2023, 08:15 PM
RE: i am faster than 80% of all snakes - by Frolic - August 14, 2023, 08:21 AM
RE: i am faster than 80% of all snakes - by Meridian - August 14, 2023, 09:23 PM
RE: i am faster than 80% of all snakes - by Seal - August 15, 2023, 09:07 AM
RE: i am faster than 80% of all snakes - by Njord - August 15, 2023, 11:49 AM
RE: i am faster than 80% of all snakes - by RIP Bronco - August 15, 2023, 12:33 PM
RE: i am faster than 80% of all snakes - by Seal - August 16, 2023, 10:51 AM
RE: i am faster than 80% of all snakes - by Njord - August 16, 2023, 12:03 PM
RE: i am faster than 80% of all snakes - by RIP Bronco - August 16, 2023, 12:23 PM