Moonspear the i in team
Moonspear
Journeyperson
333 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Seal physically balked when Sialuk proposed that she, herself, should take a swing at applying the medicine. It was the first of many responsibilities to come – a new chapter of life and learning. She was old enough and capable but, still, a little voice inside her head tempered her usual enthusiasm.

Information was easy to absorb, but practice was a different beast.

Can I do it? She wondered rhetorically, uncertain. The hellcat had certainly knocked her confidence down a couple of pegs.

Despite this, she took some of the medicine Sialuk had prepared upon her tongue. The herbal taste was bitter, but what was worse was the sting that came when she applied it to the wet flesh of her wounds.

A small, reactive cry yelped from the child. Then, tears began to bead in the corners of her eyes.

“S-Sialuk,” she sputtered. “I did something bad.” The hurt had unlocked a closed door. A secret she could no longer hide. “I-I ruined a gravesite. I dug up bones… of a wolf! Two wolves! I didn’t realize that… I chewed on their legs!” The confession came rushing out like water broke through a dam. “I think the spirits are very angry with me… the hellcat... Are they punishing me? My Da? I tried to fix the gravesite... I made an offering, but...” Though her parents weren’t spiritual, it was common knowledge that Sialuk and Moonwoman had a close connection to an other-realm.
Messages In This Thread
the i in team - by Sialuk - August 22, 2023, 03:05 PM
RE: the i in team - by Seal - August 23, 2023, 05:18 PM
RE: the i in team - by Sialuk - August 24, 2023, 12:44 PM
RE: the i in team - by Seal - August 24, 2023, 07:55 PM
RE: the i in team - by Sialuk - August 25, 2023, 12:17 PM
RE: the i in team - by Seal - August 25, 2023, 07:30 PM
RE: the i in team - by Sialuk - August 27, 2023, 09:19 PM
RE: the i in team - by Seal - September 01, 2023, 09:45 AM
RE: the i in team - by Sialuk - September 07, 2023, 09:12 AM
RE: the i in team - by Seal - September 08, 2023, 05:26 PM
RE: the i in team - by Sialuk - September 12, 2023, 09:13 PM