Brecheliant
Eun Liath

“We are all eaters of souls.”

Dan Simmons, 'The Terror'

1,267 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
Kilgitsuk did not get far in his sales pitch before the child blurted something absolutely unexpected. His ears gave tiny twitches, his brow raising, and as soon as the boy said died he followed it up with don't worry; leaving Kilgitsuk to experience something close to whiplash. It was the kind of social jolting he wasn't used to—but again he was reminded of his sons, and his expression softened ever so little.

A noble pursuit, the trader went on to say, responding to the boy's wish about his parents. He offered a tooth! Even in this grim moment of trying to process information about people he likely didn't know, Kilgitsuk wanted to laugh. He withheld that sensation—but was suitably charmed by the boy.

Hmm. I am not a wizard, nor do I know any that might find use in a tooth. He made an expression that mixed thoughtfulness with a frown. But if you want them to be happy again, I could try and help by bringing them something else—like when you were very, very, very small and they would bring you meat, as if the boy before him wasn't still so immature that he might be eating regurgitated rabbits I could bring them something bigger than these fish.

I know sometimes when people are sad, they can be too sad to hunt. That might help, and make them happy.

What did the boy think?
Messages In This Thread
aitchugaa-kaluk - by Kigipigak - September 30, 2023, 08:28 PM
RE: aitchugaa-kaluk - by Frolic - October 02, 2023, 01:05 PM
RE: aitchugaa-kaluk - by Kigipigak - October 02, 2023, 02:28 PM
RE: aitchugaa-kaluk - by Frolic - October 02, 2023, 07:30 PM
RE: aitchugaa-kaluk - by Kigipigak - October 02, 2023, 08:30 PM
RE: aitchugaa-kaluk - by Frolic - October 02, 2023, 08:48 PM
RE: aitchugaa-kaluk - by Kigipigak - October 02, 2023, 09:07 PM
RE: aitchugaa-kaluk - by Frolic - October 02, 2023, 09:35 PM
RE: aitchugaa-kaluk - by Kigipigak - October 02, 2023, 10:07 PM
RE: aitchugaa-kaluk - by Frolic - October 03, 2023, 08:16 AM