Hushed Willows and they raise a toast of bulleit rye
Hushed Willows
Lead Singer*
174 Posts
Ooc — Kitt
Run, run, run, run... 
Soft voices reached her ears, a delicate tether to reality. A cold nose gently bumped her cheek moments later. Her breaths began to slow, eyes blinked, and focus returned. Awareness rushed in as if a splash of water had brought her back. She gulped in air, emerging from the memory that had dared and succeeded in dragging her under. Blue eyes found friendly gold; then, unfamiliar eyes of soft green. Those must belong to one of the voices that pulled me back...

Reina shook herself but remained low to the ground. The embarrassment she felt was palpable; she allowed herself to appear weak in front of strangers. She had vowed never to be weak again. However, it was the sight of the large male that caught her off guard. The last male she encountered had destroyed her world, her family. His presence seemed to follow her everywhere. She felt him most at night, his shadow-like form always watching her from the darkness, tracking her every move.

The red wolf looked out at the others but could not make eye contact. She didn't want to see the worry, the pity she thought she would find in their eyes. "I-I'm sorry... I don't know what came over me just then. Reverie, forgive me, I've made a fool of myself." She couldn't bring herself to look at the large male, though it wasn't his fault, but she spoke to him. "Sir, I recognize you as the leader among us, but please, I..." She paused, letting out a shaky breath, "I beg you to stay where you are."

She looked to the other male, the one with the beautiful green eyes, her voice quiet when she spoke again. "I heard you..." Green had always been her favorite color. Her home was covered in white, with shades of grey and brown peeking through underneath, but she could always count on the evergreen trees that stood tall and unwavering, glistening in the sun, to bring color and life to the area. She gave him a small smile before turning away.

The past had scarred her, but the present held a chance for renewal. She would do whatever it took to start anew; even if it meant being in the presence of someone who reminded her, even though it was in size alone, of him. She could do this; she had no choice.

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Player may use vulgar language and may write about sensitive/difficult topics that might offend others. Discretion is advised.
I will ALWAYS discuss plot points and address any and all concerns regarding any of my toons, threads, or even specific posts. It is NOT my intention to cause anyone discomfort; I am merely interested in creating stories and building my writing skills.
Messages In This Thread
and they raise a toast of bulleit rye - by Boone - December 02, 2023, 11:58 AM
RE: and they raise a toast of bulleit rye - by Reverie - December 02, 2023, 12:53 PM
RE: and they raise a toast of bulleit rye - by Reina - December 02, 2023, 01:59 PM
RE: and they raise a toast of bulleit rye - by Mae - December 02, 2023, 02:08 PM
RE: and they raise a toast of bulleit rye - by Kyrell - December 02, 2023, 06:24 PM
RE: and they raise a toast of bulleit rye - by Wayfarer - December 03, 2023, 11:56 AM
RE: and they raise a toast of bulleit rye - by Boone - December 04, 2023, 12:44 PM
RE: and they raise a toast of bulleit rye - by Reverie - December 04, 2023, 01:13 PM
RE: and they raise a toast of bulleit rye - by Reina - December 04, 2023, 06:53 PM
RE: and they raise a toast of bulleit rye - by Mae - December 04, 2023, 07:54 PM
RE: and they raise a toast of bulleit rye - by Kyrell - December 04, 2023, 09:53 PM
RE: and they raise a toast of bulleit rye - by Wayfarer - December 05, 2023, 01:36 PM
RE: and they raise a toast of bulleit rye - by Boone - December 05, 2023, 02:45 PM
RE: and they raise a toast of bulleit rye - by Reverie - December 05, 2023, 04:29 PM
RE: and they raise a toast of bulleit rye - by Reina - December 05, 2023, 06:07 PM
RE: and they raise a toast of bulleit rye - by Mae - December 08, 2023, 05:01 PM
RE: and they raise a toast of bulleit rye - by Kyrell - December 13, 2023, 12:21 AM
RE: and they raise a toast of bulleit rye - by Wayfarer - December 14, 2023, 05:32 AM
RE: and they raise a toast of bulleit rye - by Boone - December 14, 2023, 11:52 AM