Firestone Hot Springs you hit me like a hurricane
Moonglow
Gamma
w a y w a r d s o n
285 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Private 
They weren't doing anything wrong, but Valiant had insisted on sneaking out of the plains with exaggerated care. No one saw them leave together — but several of those watching the children today knew, of course. Valiant had promised to bring treats or treasures for their help, even knowing it wasn't necessary.

It was just fun to sneak. And to laugh breathlessly and take off at a run once they were a safe distance away.

He talked about the geothermal pools, and how one could tell from sight and scent whether they were safe to wade into.

"The other nice thing is it's warm outside of them, too. So you don't freeze to death while you're drying off, or if you're just passing through and need a rest."

And indeed, the light dusting of snow disappeared once they drew near to the destination. The scent of sulfur grew stronger, but Valiant was too eager to pay it much mind. He passed up a few large, glassy pools of steaming water to find one just large enough to paddle around in, but shallow enough at the edges that they wouldn't have to.

"You should always dip a paw in and see how it feels," he told her, lying down at the edge to do just that. "Some of these pools can blister your skin. This one smells clean, but the water might still be hot."

He extracted his paw and tested the acidity with a lick.

"It's good for a swim," he said, looking back up at Vairë. "If you want to. We could just look around if you'd rather."
live and die on this day,
live and die on this day
Messages In This Thread
you hit me like a hurricane - by Valiant - January 09, 2024, 11:04 AM
RE: you hit me like a hurricane - by Vairë - January 15, 2024, 07:23 PM
RE: you hit me like a hurricane - by Valiant - January 15, 2024, 08:03 PM
RE: you hit me like a hurricane - by Vairë - January 16, 2024, 04:31 PM
RE: you hit me like a hurricane - by Valiant - January 16, 2024, 04:43 PM
RE: you hit me like a hurricane - by Vairë - January 18, 2024, 06:56 AM
RE: you hit me like a hurricane - by Valiant - January 19, 2024, 01:35 AM
RE: you hit me like a hurricane - by Vairë - January 27, 2024, 08:54 PM
RE: you hit me like a hurricane - by Valiant - January 28, 2024, 02:05 AM