Neverwinter Forest wind my way out of the city
Loner
morning star
114 Posts
Ooc — roni
In truth, Tulugak wished he would reach out and embrace her, to hold her while they talked and stave off the loneliness for just that little bit longer. It was for that reason that it hurt more than it probably should when he moved out of reach. Nevertheless, she mirrored his posture and curled her tail cat-like round her paws as he agreed to hear her.

"In the land of the long dark a husband returns to his wife and daughters with pouches laden with fish. They eat well and at the next light, he fishes again. That day he returns with one fish less. He gives one fish to his wife, and one to each of his daughters. The husband goes hungry that night." Here, she took a breath, gaze unfocused as she recalled memories.

"It continues that way until, one day, the fish stop coming. His daughters beg him for something to eat. They say, ataata! I'm hungry! But, he cannot give them anything. At the fall of the first snow, he gives his eldest daughter the last of his dried meat and tells her to leave the iglu and not return until she has found a place where the fish do not hide."

This time, her gaze finds his again. "She walked and walked until her feet were sore, until she found a village. Here she met many faces, and for the first time since she was a little girl, the daughter smiles again."

"Then, one day, a boy comes to give her a message. The husband had worked so hard for his family that his body could work no longer. The red sickness, he called it. The daughter wishes to return at once and see her father once again, but this village is her home now too. If only she could split her spirit in two."

There was more she wished to say, but it would not come, her smile bittersweet "I apologise, I am not a talented tale-weaver as you are, Dutch."
"Common" // "Inuktitut"
Messages In This Thread
wind my way out of the city - by Tulugak - January 15, 2024, 05:25 PM
RE: wind my way out of the city - by Dutch - January 15, 2024, 05:32 PM
RE: wind my way out of the city - by Tulugak - January 15, 2024, 06:04 PM
RE: wind my way out of the city - by Dutch - January 15, 2024, 06:11 PM
RE: wind my way out of the city - by Tulugak - January 15, 2024, 06:35 PM
RE: wind my way out of the city - by Dutch - January 15, 2024, 06:40 PM
RE: wind my way out of the city - by Tulugak - January 15, 2024, 07:16 PM
RE: wind my way out of the city - by Dutch - January 15, 2024, 07:32 PM
RE: wind my way out of the city - by Tulugak - January 15, 2024, 07:59 PM
RE: wind my way out of the city - by Dutch - January 15, 2024, 08:17 PM