Gilded Bay But I'm still playing in the sand.
But inside me, there is a light…
118 Posts
Ooc — Rainchaser
Sumac couldn't hide his joy as Raindrop came to join him in watching the giants frolic gracefully amongst the waves. The tales didn't come close to doing them justice, to describing them accurately. No, they were as dragons in a fairytale, only real and vividly present. They seemed simultaneously mysterious and strikingly familiar, as if they were estranged family members that had finally returned home.

"They're amazing," he murmured before angling his ebony ears and straining.

The sounds were soft, almost illusory at first. Then, they rose to an immense chorus, filling the air with an indescribable harmony that took 'Mac's breath away. His spirit soared, and if he'd had the capacity, tears would have filled his eyes. It was a beauty he'd never experienced, and he'd surely never forget.

So moved he was by their singing that he lifted his maw to the sky, adding his own surprisingly resonant baritone notes to the choir:

A fond hello!
Welcome, friends,
Returned from far away!

We'll sing a song of mirth and cheer,
And bid our good fortunes stay!

He was too enthralled by the sight to be embarrassed for spontaneously belting out one of his father's clumsy old songs. He gave a soft laugh and smiled at Raindrop.
…Even in the darkest night
Messages In This Thread
But I'm still playing in the sand. - by Raindrop - January 16, 2024, 11:26 PM
RE: But I'm still playing in the sand. - by Sumac - January 26, 2024, 07:33 PM
RE: But I'm still playing in the sand. - by Raindrop - January 26, 2024, 07:53 PM
RE: But I'm still playing in the sand. - by Sumac - January 27, 2024, 05:43 PM
RE: But I'm still playing in the sand. - by Raindrop - January 27, 2024, 06:25 PM
RE: But I'm still playing in the sand. - by Sumac - January 28, 2024, 02:28 PM
RE: But I'm still playing in the sand. - by Raindrop - January 28, 2024, 04:05 PM
RE: But I'm still playing in the sand. - by Sumac - January 29, 2024, 09:27 AM
RE: But I'm still playing in the sand. - by Raindrop - January 29, 2024, 03:26 PM
RE: But I'm still playing in the sand. - by Sumac - January 29, 2024, 03:44 PM
RE: But I'm still playing in the sand. - by Raindrop - January 29, 2024, 03:56 PM
RE: But I'm still playing in the sand. - by Sumac - January 30, 2024, 10:10 AM
RE: But I'm still playing in the sand. - by Raindrop - January 30, 2024, 01:19 PM
RE: But I'm still playing in the sand. - by Sumac - January 30, 2024, 02:03 PM
RE: But I'm still playing in the sand. - by Raindrop - January 30, 2024, 02:22 PM