Stavanger Bay I barely dreamt her yesterday
But inside me, there is a light…
118 Posts
Ooc — Mantra
The male's golden-tipped tail wagged furiously behind him. Ah, so he had chosen wisely! He felt his chest relax, allowing his breath to return to a more natural rhythm - at least, for the time being. "I'm so glad you like it, Raindrop. When I saw it, I knew it belonged with you."

His lips were curled into a smile that crossed his entire maw, and the genuine joy in his sunshine golden eyes reflected the elation he felt at their reunion. "Oh, that's fine," he replied, bobbing his head once, "I had no expectation of anything in return. Just seeing you is enough."

And those words rang true. She'd been on his mind more often than not since his departure. Truthfully, said mind was frequently a cyclone of thoughts lately, spinning between complex feelings not just for Raindrop, but for Minnow as well. But the season was changing - nothing could stop the incessant march of time, and 'Mac knew this year his time had come. With that moment came the need for a decision, one that weighed heavily on him. In the end, he'd wondered what Easy would tell him, and his spirit immediately knew her answer: "Follow your heart, Sumac." His heart had led him to cockle shells and rocky bay shores.

"I'm doing well enough; just scouting around here and there. What about you?"

He tilted his head to the side, listening intently, though internally his mind fidgeted. She was surely part of the Moon-pack that lived around these parts... That was a layer of complexity. And he'd be very surprised if she wasn't the object of interest of someone within their ranks. After all, Raindrop was beautiful not only in body but in heart and spirit, and surely had attracted her share of suitors... right? What did this lanky, sheltered mountain boy have to offer?

Sumac mentally shook himself. Not the time for self-critical thoughts!
…Even in the darkest night
Messages In This Thread
I barely dreamt her yesterday - by Sumac - February 05, 2024, 03:25 PM
RE: I barely dreamt her yesterday - by Raindrop - February 06, 2024, 12:29 AM
RE: I barely dreamt her yesterday - by Sumac - February 06, 2024, 09:22 AM
RE: I barely dreamt her yesterday - by Raindrop - February 06, 2024, 01:21 PM
RE: I barely dreamt her yesterday - by Sumac - February 06, 2024, 02:08 PM
RE: I barely dreamt her yesterday - by Raindrop - February 06, 2024, 03:04 PM
RE: I barely dreamt her yesterday - by Sumac - February 06, 2024, 03:41 PM
RE: I barely dreamt her yesterday - by Raindrop - February 06, 2024, 04:07 PM
RE: I barely dreamt her yesterday - by Sumac - February 06, 2024, 04:24 PM
RE: I barely dreamt her yesterday - by Raindrop - February 06, 2024, 04:46 PM