Stavanger Bay I barely dreamt her yesterday
Moontide
Trader
Rainwoman
233 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
Quote from the lyrics of Beautiful things by Gungor.

Raindrop’s jaw dropped when he stated that he knew the Morningsides. What a surprise, man, was the world really this small? She brought her jaw back up, fixing her gaping expression, “That’s amazing! We should have a whole get together sometime!” 

Just then, as they neared a large burnt forest, she couldn’t hear ‘Mac’s steps anymore. She looked to him as he asked her if they could pause. “Of course.” She was a little confused, and she watched him closely, he just stood there, staring into the burnt trees, like he was locked in on the sight before him. She just stood, and at some point, he shook his head, as if waking up from a bad dream, or… trying shake away unwanted thoughts.

All of a sudden, his voice came back, and he opened up about what had happened to his family…. They’d burned?! She thought, her eyes wide with shock. His gaze was upon her briefly, a face with no emotion, blank. He said he couldn’t save them as he looked back to the burnt tree, the skeletal figure of what was surely once a blossoming sequoia. Tears began to fill her eyes, it was almost unimaginable, what he had gone through, what his family had. 

They then turned their attention to a living tree, a survivor, just as he was. And finally, to a sprouting sapling, the future of a forest, *“Hope is springing up from this old ground”.

And what he’d asked, what he’d tell her, she hadn't expected: “I want to start my own, and… a-and I want you to be part of that story. Will you… Will you join me?”

This was it, her tears were now a mix of joy and and sorrow, and she couldn’t stop them. She jumped forward to embrace him, digging her face into his scruff for a moment, after, she back away to look into those gilded eyes, that dark face and she’d said: “Yes! Forever and always.” 
Active weekdays: 
Most days of the week. (Subject to change)
(PST: Pacific Standard Time)
Messages In This Thread
I barely dreamt her yesterday - by Sumac - February 05, 2024, 03:25 PM
RE: I barely dreamt her yesterday - by Raindrop - February 06, 2024, 12:29 AM
RE: I barely dreamt her yesterday - by Sumac - February 06, 2024, 09:22 AM
RE: I barely dreamt her yesterday - by Raindrop - February 06, 2024, 01:21 PM
RE: I barely dreamt her yesterday - by Sumac - February 06, 2024, 02:08 PM
RE: I barely dreamt her yesterday - by Raindrop - February 06, 2024, 03:04 PM
RE: I barely dreamt her yesterday - by Sumac - February 06, 2024, 03:41 PM
RE: I barely dreamt her yesterday - by Raindrop - February 06, 2024, 04:07 PM
RE: I barely dreamt her yesterday - by Sumac - February 06, 2024, 04:24 PM
RE: I barely dreamt her yesterday - by Raindrop - February 06, 2024, 04:46 PM