Moonsong Glacier I've carried this pre-conceived, false belief
Morningside
Sage*
142 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Her anxiety lessened but did not disappear altogether when he quickly began to reassure her that she was still attractive. She tried to summon a grateful smile though it withered, and she could do little more than grimace beneath the flattery. Her eyes shone to hear him speak so highly of her looks, though she couldn't help the little voice in the back of her mind that begged to be freed. 

"...But you haven't seen my sisters."
"Oh, you must not have seen very many wolves, then,"
"I must smell, as well..."

She tried to fight the self-deprecative thoughts away as she radiated with embarrassment that she knew he did not intend. He shook out his own pelt, a sign that he felt uncomfortable as well with how their conversation had gone. She told herself to stay humble, but be grateful as well. If she shunned his compliments, he might think her dismissive or shrewd, but if she thanked him for them, then he might think she was proud. 

"You are very kind," She said instead. She bobbed her head appreciatively and used the gesture so that she could take a step back as well- leery of the lingering thought that she might smell as bad as she looked. "I am Simbelmyne," She said. "Your name again?" She asked, feeling guilty that she had already forgotten.
Messages In This Thread
RE: I've carried this pre-conceived, false belief - by Simbelmyne - February 08, 2024, 03:03 PM