Dragoncrest Cliffs The Bends
Loner
364 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Like racehorses the three leaders came, one after the other but in quick succession. Her fury was quick to dissolve, rapidly dissipating as she felt flooded with relief. She was home- but that wasn’t where it ended. 

She held her answer to Mireille’s question as she saw her mother come barrelling into view and sought to tell the story once- so they might all take the news simultaneously. 

”I foun’ Etienne,” She said. ”’First in de forest where ‘e said ‘e was, but den we got separated when dere was a mudslide…’armless but ugh, entirely an inconvenience,” She rolled her eyes. The cold rain had been bad enough, but having to traverse the gravelly scree afterwards had been exhausting. 

”’im an’ ‘is friend were gone when I went back,” she kept her tone neutral when speaking of Anselm. ”But I foun’ deir trail in de valley- dey be wid a pack called Rivenwood,” She drew a sharp breath in and bared her teeth when she spoke again. ”But not by choice.” 

She allowed the words to sink in, but left little time for interjection. Every moment that passed left Glaukos time to do something. He was a mountain of a man, dangerous enough as he was- but like a sleeping volcano, she believed he possessed the capability to do great harm. 

”Dis man, Glaukos, ‘e ‘ave two pregnant women wid ‘im…One of dem is Heda,” She feared for the woman, now. Especially if Etienne and Anselm were to leave. ”When ‘e found out Eti could heal, ‘ attacked ‘im an’ forced ‘im to stay.” She growled, her matted guard hairs lifting in spite of the weight of dust, twigs and debris. ”’E cast me out. I ‘ope Eti will leave, but-“ She shook her head. Glaukos had threatened to keep him there once- what was to stop him from harming Etienne again if he decided Etienne’s help was in fact needed? 

”We ‘ave to do somet’ing,” She pleaded.
Messages In This Thread
The Bends - by Suzu - April 04, 2024, 08:50 PM
RE: The Bends - by Val - April 05, 2024, 08:00 AM
RE: The Bends - by Mireille - April 05, 2024, 12:11 PM
RE: The Bends - by Chacal - April 05, 2024, 04:37 PM
RE: The Bends - by Suzu - April 05, 2024, 04:49 PM
RE: The Bends - by Val - April 05, 2024, 05:16 PM
RE: The Bends - by Mireille - April 10, 2024, 06:51 PM
RE: The Bends - by Chacal - April 17, 2024, 10:48 AM
RE: The Bends - by Suzu - May 03, 2024, 03:19 PM
RE: The Bends - by Val - May 07, 2024, 08:44 AM