Two Eyes Cenote A Winged Insect to Your Funeral Pyre
Muat-riya
Fellahin
Any way you want me, baby
157 Posts
Ooc — Sprout
Defense flared hastily in the man, raising the hair along his spine in a flash. With a desperate restraint, he quelled the urge to spit "It isn't important!" like an animal, cornered and caged.

Yet, even in the comforting delusion of self-preservation, he couldn't deny the importance of the matter. It would be far wiser to address it now while there was still some semblance of control, than to face it head-on when his pursuers inevitably closed in. Steeling himself, he forced his mouth open:

I... I, um...

The words stumbled uncertainly from a mouth suddenly dry, each syllable heavy with the weight of unspoken fears. His feathered tail wound tightly around his slender frame, a dove-white paw absentmindedly stroking through the fur as Machi grappled for the right words.

Frustration gnawed at him as he struggled to articulate his thoughts, only to be met with silence. His paw rose to his neck as if to offer some explanation.

I...It's complicated. he finally managed to breathe out, his fist clenching in frustration. I apologize. I know that isn't a sufficient explanation. Please grant me a moment to gather my thoughts.

The man's pearl-pink nails traced heavily through the wispy tail for a moment, his ears pinned to his skull.

Put simply, he resumed, his voice strained, I believe they aim to reclaim me and return me home. Opal eyes flickered towards the woman, breaking their gaze from the cavern floor. As for who they are... Machi hesitated, searching for the most apt description before settling on the most rudimentary, a man named Herod, along with any lackeys he can muster. He cared for my mother and I.

Things took a dark turn, He confessed, clearing his throat. And I managed to escape, but only after killing several of Herod's men. I... I don't know. Perhaps it was always bad, and I was simply blind to it.

suck the rot right out of my bloodstream
Messages In This Thread
A Winged Insect to Your Funeral Pyre - by Machiavelli - March 23, 2024, 02:24 AM
RE: A Winged Insect to Your Funeral Pyre - by Eset - April 13, 2024, 11:19 PM
RE: A Winged Insect to Your Funeral Pyre - by Eset - April 17, 2024, 02:29 PM
RE: A Winged Insect to Your Funeral Pyre - by Eset - April 17, 2024, 06:43 PM
RE: A Winged Insect to Your Funeral Pyre - by Eset - April 20, 2024, 02:46 PM
RE: A Winged Insect to Your Funeral Pyre - by Machiavelli - April 20, 2024, 08:32 PM
RE: A Winged Insect to Your Funeral Pyre - by Eset - April 21, 2024, 07:03 PM
RE: A Winged Insect to Your Funeral Pyre - by Eset - April 28, 2024, 12:05 PM
RE: A Winged Insect to Your Funeral Pyre - by Eset - April 28, 2024, 04:07 PM
RE: A Winged Insect to Your Funeral Pyre - by Eset - April 28, 2024, 07:12 PM
RE: A Winged Insect to Your Funeral Pyre - by Eset - April 29, 2024, 04:14 PM
RE: A Winged Insect to Your Funeral Pyre - by Eset - May 18, 2024, 01:49 PM
RE: A Winged Insect to Your Funeral Pyre - by Eset - May 23, 2024, 12:57 PM