Firefly Glen Oh Lord, won't you buy me A Mercedes Benz?
Brecheliant
Sciathán
741 Posts
Ooc — Me
"Oh, you heard the version with a happy ending. That is good," Dwin remarked. The one thing she had truly disliked about Greek and Roman myths was the persistant theme of men/gods abusing/violating or simply disregarding women. Be it Zeus on yet another creative rape spree or some god mistaking obssession and privilege with love and turning one nymph's life hell. Heroes were not that great role models either. For some reason women always played the second violin. There were very few exceptions - one that came to her mind right away - was Circe. A witch. A hag. One of the sisterhood from times long gone. Then that other gal, who had made a guy fall in love with his own reflection. Terrible curse and Dwin did not quite agree with the motivations there, but you could not say that the guy had not deserved it.

"Well... Dwin's short for Ceridwen is a controversial figure and I do not agree with a lot of life-choices she made. But... she was a goddess of rebirth, transformation and inspiration. And I think that rather than living up to her name and fame of the past, my journey in this life is to add new meaning to the name and claim it as my own," a very complicated answer to a very simple question. "What is the story you want to tell about your name? I mean, times have changed and labyrinths and monsters are in short supply these days, but that does not mean that world has any less of surprises and adventures hidden up its sleeve," she asked.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Oh Lord, won't you buy me A Mercedes Benz? - by Ceridwen - May 13, 2024, 03:46 PM