Sun Mote Copse As if some magic, like a staff found a burning bush
2,013 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
It’s a fancy word for a burrow, Meerkat explained, the furrow in her brow deepening at the young woman’s words. That’s alright, you don’t have to tell me right now. Just rest while we wait for my son to get back here with something to eat.

She wasn’t sure whether or not Auburn had a choice in the matter. She sprawled on the ground, looking very weak, and Meerkat feared she might die right there on the copse’s borders. She looked around for her son again, wondering if she ought to go after him, but she didn’t want to leave Auburn here by herself.

It is, isn’t it? she said softly to Auburn’s comment. I was born here, several years ago, but it was only last fall that Njord and I settled it again. He’s my husband. I have several other relatives living here as well. I’m sure you’ll meet them all in the time. The little one with me, that’s Skipjack.

She looked down at the ailing yearling as she spoke. She found she couldn’t resist the urge to reach out and stroke Auburn’s brow, a gesture of caring comfort. Meerkat hummed under her breath, some tune she’d heard the Laird sing before. She hoped it soothed her too.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
RE: As if some magic, like a staff found a burning bush - by Meerkat - May 13, 2024, 08:46 PM