Wheeling Gull Isle fall back into place
Rivenwood
Leaf
226 Posts
Ooc — Twin
oh, judah, the girl picks up the shattered pieces of herself, glues them together as she snivels and peels back to look at the worn face of her beloved littermate. she whimpers at the sight of his torn ears, and realizes now that he had only been holding her with one arm.
i never stopped hoping, juju, she trembles, reaching up to wipe at her cheeks with the back of a wrist. never.
and then came the inevitable question that dinah so fiercely did not want to answer: where is everyone? she swallows hard, settling down into a sit and guiding her brother to do the same beside her. she still hadn't quite gathered that she was, in fact, home, and reality yet again seemed to barrel into her as she glances out at the gently ebbing shore.
with a shaky breath, she begins.
w-we-- after we left to go find gramma, we came back with her to sweetharbor. we'd only been gone for... maybe a week, i think, but, but-- daddy, she stumbles over her own words, eyes squeezing shut as rivulets of tears dribble down her chin yet again. we were too late. h-he killed himself, judah. he went on a bender and refused to-- to eat, or do anything, and by the time we got home there was nothing we could do.
a-and we all thought you were dead. we looked for you for days, and then we found-- we found your foot, she gestures now to the mangled remains of his foreleg. and i couldn't-- i couldn't stay here. mama couldn't either. so we left, we went inland. ava was the only one who came with us. i... i don't know where everyone else went.
her tears are stifled by a hiccup as she reaches out to grab her brother's paw, tracing the veins in his wrist and the warm, calloused pads of his palm. she and ava live with a new pack now. it's called rivenwood, and it's in a place called the bypass. i was there for a while, too, but--
but.
the deep cut of bitter anguish flares up again, and she grits her teeth as the sapphire eyes grow cold. she wonders if judah will have the same reaction she had; she wonders if he will understand. she has new children. two boys.
she replaced us.
love does not delight in evil,
but rejoices with the truth.
it always protects, always trusts,
always hopes, always perseveres.
Messages In This Thread
fall back into place - by Dinah - April 08, 2024, 07:34 PM
RE: fall back into place - by Judah - May 18, 2024, 11:33 AM
RE: fall back into place - by Dinah - May 18, 2024, 03:29 PM
RE: fall back into place - by Judah - May 18, 2024, 04:38 PM
RE: fall back into place - by Dinah - May 18, 2024, 05:01 PM
RE: fall back into place - by Judah - May 18, 2024, 06:15 PM