Sun Mote Copse It’s been a long day without you, my friend.
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
971 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
Towhee explained, but the sick feeling in Njord’s gut worsened with each bullet point. When his mother-in-law drew her conclusion, the cold truth about Swordfish’s change in demeanor, Njord couldn’t help but reflect and ask am I still being punished for my transgressions?

His composure began to spall as he took this news personally. Njord drew a shakey breath and coughed back a sob. -“Ah… need a minute,”- he sputtered and turned away from Towhee as if to hide the shameful emotions that ricocheted through his spirit and across his face.

The man did his best to collect himself. To act as the foundation his wife and family would surely need when the news was broken. Yet inside he felt like a house made of sticks. How could Njord possibly renew his vows to Meerkat knowing he had so hopelessly failed their son? Should he go after Swordfish? Chase him down? Confront his grown child who was now a stranger? Shouldn’t he at least try?

Njord became angry all over again as he thought about Sapphique, its Roja, its bears, and all the needless deaths.

No… he had to think about those who were here. Chose to be here. Meerkat. Stingray. Fennec. Towhee Jr. Nyssa. Their new, wee bairns.

The Laired turned back to Towhee and swallowed hard. Then, he nodded and whet his dry lips. -“It's going tae crush Meerkat,”- Njord agreed quietly as his voice hitched with emotion. His wife was strong. Stronger than any wolf he had met before, but Njord doubted her fortitude when their child was both so close and so very far.

-“And @Stingray...”- Njord added. Atlan, what would Swordfish's brother think? -“They might run off tae look. Tae try an’ bring him home. But I dinnae wish tae see see my family break apart. Not again.

But... there willnae be a way tae temper their reactions,"- Njord continued, defeated. -"We should ask @Nyssa tae watch Otter an’ Skipjack. Maybe call Seal an @Sialuk tae visit for a while."- Was there no better medicine than family? They would need all the support they could get to control of whatever fallout might happen.
Members of Sun Mote Copse are welcome to join all threads and power-play Njord (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not he's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!

Messages In This Thread
RE: It’s been a long day without you, my friend. - by Njord - May 21, 2024, 12:58 PM