Sun Mote Copse It’s been a long day without you, my friend.
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
971 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
There was no moment for Njord to collect himself – no time to put on a brave face for his wife. Meerkat intercepted them and Towhee was whisked away to shepherd Otter and Skipjack elsewhere. He hoped his young children hadn’t noticed the stricken, solemn expression of their Da.

“You’ll be wantin’ tae sit down,” Njord promised her. He waited until any wolf was out of earshot and moved closer, face to face, to be with Meerkat.

“Mo chride, Towhee found our son. She found Swordfish… he’s alive.” Njord barely let a breath pass before he continued. “But he wouldnae come home to us… no matter how hard she tried.” His tone was hollow. Fatigued. “He didnae even wish tae call himself Swordfish anymore… he went by….”

Njord couldn't even utter the name. “She said he was like… a stranger. The more Towhee pressed the harder Fish turned away.” Njord continued on and parlayed what Meerkat's mother had told him.

Njord felt his composure begin to dissolve, once again. He tried to salvage what little optimism was left. "But he's alive, Meerkat... he made it out..."

But was he really living if Shardik had possessed his spirit?
Members of Sun Mote Copse are welcome to join all threads and power-play Njord (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not he's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!

Messages In This Thread
RE: It’s been a long day without you, my friend. - by Njord - May 21, 2024, 06:40 PM