Swiftcurrent Creek [m] Welcome to the world, not-so-little ones
Swiftcurrent Creek
Gamma
61 Posts
Ooc — Laur
Any sort of excitement to see the puppies disappeared in an instant. Akavir's words shot a spike of ice cold fear through her heart, and she fixed the alpha in a frightened, wide-eyed stare. Needed a healer? "Wai—!" she started but he had already moved to the den's entrance, notifying the parents she was here. Frozen to the spot with her mouth agape, Pukei's gaze moved from Akavir to meet Arric's own who then appeared. He seemed tired and on edge, as if he was the one who had just given birth.

She listened to his words but it took a moment more for her to comprehend them. What did he mean passed out? That could happen? And they expected her to fix this? "Wh—" she started again, heart fluttering in a panic as she realised the Creek wolves had far more confidence in her skills than she did. She wasn't a healer; she was just a girl who liked flowers!

Yet the sight of the frazzled father leaning against Akavir for comfort inspired a spark of determination; Arric had done enough. And she at least knew of some herbs that could help. "I...alright, I'll see if she's okay."

Pukei strode forward to enter the den, hesitant, but offered a crooked smile to the two men to reassure them before slipping into the darkness. The smell of blood and milk was nearly overwhelming but, as her eyes adjusted, she gasped as she spied the four not-so-tiny pups tucked against the new mother's fur, all lined up and looking healthy. "Oh my gosh!" she couldn't help but exclaim, her tail beginning to flail once again behind her. Arric wasn't kidding. They were huge!

She looked to Arlette then, feeling a pang of empathy before shuffling forward, mindful of the newborns. The Beta lay silent, her sides moving as she breathed, though the movement was slow and laboured. Unsure what to do, Pukei watched for a moment before gently prodding the woman's shoulder with her nose.

"Hey, Arlette...are you awake?" Oh, please be awake. If you die, I'll have my medical license revoked before I even had a chance to earn one!
Messages In This Thread
RE: [m] Welcome to the world, not-so-little ones - by Pukei - June 18, 2024, 02:07 AM