Whitefish River serendipity
Loner
183 Posts
Ooc — Kat
I can’t, was her knee-jerk reaction to Seal’s plaintive query, though out loud, she only said, I’m not sure what my plan is yet, which was true enough, she supposed.

She tried to swallow the guilt that felt like it was strangling her. She managed, though it sat in her belly and chewed away at her with sharp teeth. How she wished she could accompany Seal, prancing arm-in-arm to deliver her to the copse, all fancy-free like the days of yore. But that wasn’t who she was anymore. Had she ever really been that person?

I hope you enjoy your time with your family. I’ll swing by and call for you, Frolic said, hoping she could manage that much, once I figure out my ish.

She said this much more lightly than she really felt, pausing for a beat before flinging herself at Seal. It felt so right and so wrong as she hugged her friend with all her might. This could be the last time she would ever do it. It should be, for Seal’s sake. She deserved better friends than the likes of Frolic…

Take care of yourself, friendmine, Frolic muttered, low and vehement, against the other woman’s ear.

She then pulled away and turned, galloping away along the riverbed. Frolic knew her sudden departure would surprise and possibly hurt Seal, though it was for the best. She wanted to look back but didn’t dare, particularly as tears began to blur her vision.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
serendipity - by Seal - May 24, 2024, 08:57 AM
RE: serendipity - by Frolic - May 30, 2024, 12:43 PM
RE: serendipity - by Seal - June 12, 2024, 02:20 PM
RE: serendipity - by Frolic - June 12, 2024, 08:00 PM
RE: serendipity - by Seal - June 12, 2024, 08:40 PM
RE: serendipity - by Frolic - June 12, 2024, 08:54 PM
RE: serendipity - by Seal - June 26, 2024, 06:59 AM
RE: serendipity - by Frolic - June 26, 2024, 08:58 AM
RE: serendipity - by Seal - June 26, 2024, 12:33 PM
RE: serendipity - by Frolic - June 27, 2024, 08:36 AM
RE: serendipity - by Seal - June 27, 2024, 01:31 PM