Two Eyes Cenote Dear Arkansas Daughter
Muat-riya
Fellahin
my story's gonna end with me dead
241 Posts
Ooc — Sprout
Machi inclined his head in agreement, a faint smile curling at his lips. It is, he said, his voice carrying a light, thoughtful tone. The Pharaoh herself being present must only add to the excitement. A chance to meet her face-to-face? That is no small matter, my friend.

I'm afraid I don't have any siblings myself, he stated thoughtfully, but from what I've heard, I would have to concur.

He watched her as she carefully placed the seeds into the soil, letting out a puff of amusement at her intense concentration. Look at you, he said, his voice as soft as if he were speaking to the young lavender shoots themselves. What a natural! His gaze swept over her work, inspecting the tiny seeds nestled beneath the earth. The half-breed nodded in approval, a soft hum escaping his throat. You’ve done an amazing job, Safiya. There was a certain pride in his tone, and he wondered briefly what it might have been like to have a younger sibling of his own. Would they have been anything like the endearing little gardener? Would they have shared moments like this, kneeling beside the soil, growing something together?

It’s amazing, isn’t it? he asked with a smile that brightened his whole expression, eyes glimmering with lightheartedness. But I suppose it just goes to show—amazing things can come from the smallest places, hmm?

Fortunately for us, he continued, his voice taking on a softer, more instructive quality, lavender is a stubborn little plant—it thrives on sunlight and doesn’t need much water. As long as it’s kept dry, it’s quite forgiving. He straightened, reaching out to gently shift the planter, pulling it closer to the stream. Kneeling beside it, he trailed his dove-white paw through the cool water, the ripples spreading slowly as his thoughts seemed to follow them. After a moment, his gaze trailed back to her, a teasing note slipping into his tone. So, you won’t have to hover over it too much. Every few days will do. With a wink, he lifted his paw from the stream, letting the cool water drip from his palm into the soil.

His smile lingered, but his tone shifted, becoming more serious. He straightened, brushing the dampness from his fur, his expression softening into something more earnest. There is another thing, however, he began, his voice quieter now, as if what he was about to say carried more weight. He hesitated for a moment, choosing his words carefully. I don’t think your father would approve of you being here alone.

His gaze faltered, the lightheartedness from earlier slipping away as he sighed. I gave him... a very, very bad impression the last time we met, he admitted, and I have yet to apologize.

He paused, considering his next words. I want you to ask him if he’s alright with you coming here to garden. And if he isn’t, you can take the planter back with you, alright?

I’m not allowed to leave this room until nightfall for the time being but I will come and check on your progress as often as I can, he added, his tone lighter, though the tension hadn’t fully left his shoulders. No one save for the Hebsut and I are supposed to know about this room. His eyes flickered to the side. However, if your father wanted to come supervise... I think it would be alright to tell him.

He cast a glance toward the small crack in the wall, a playful glint returning to his eyes. That is, if he could even fit through the tunnel, he said with a slight chuckle, trying to ease the moment with a bit of humor.

suck the rot right out of my bloodstream
Messages In This Thread
Dear Arkansas Daughter - by Machiavelli - August 28, 2024, 07:48 PM
RE: Dear Arkansas Daughter - by Safiya - August 29, 2024, 11:36 AM
RE: Dear Arkansas Daughter - by Machiavelli - August 29, 2024, 01:44 PM
RE: Dear Arkansas Daughter - by Safiya - August 29, 2024, 01:51 PM
RE: Dear Arkansas Daughter - by Machiavelli - August 29, 2024, 02:55 PM
RE: Dear Arkansas Daughter - by Safiya - August 29, 2024, 03:08 PM
RE: Dear Arkansas Daughter - by Machiavelli - August 29, 2024, 04:13 PM
RE: Dear Arkansas Daughter - by Safiya - August 31, 2024, 08:19 AM
RE: Dear Arkansas Daughter - by Machiavelli - August 31, 2024, 10:40 PM
RE: Dear Arkansas Daughter - by Safiya - September 02, 2024, 04:36 PM