Sky Mesa silk & stone
Muat-riya
Fellahin
my story's gonna end with me dead
241 Posts
Ooc — Sprout
Being summoned to leave the palace alongside Khusobek and Safiya was surprising enough, but the fact that Khusobek himself had beckoned him was nearly shocking. Machi trailed behind the pair, his pawsteps light, ears twitching as he watched them in silence.

Khusobek’s anger radiated in palpable waves, nearly hotter than the sun-scorched sand beneath their paws, yet—for now—it didn’t seem aimed at Machi. Still, the tension was undeniable, as Safiya’s mood seemed equally strained. Machi’s thoughts drifted, wondering if this had anything to do with the fight she’d had with her siblings the night of her ceremony. That chaotic evening had spiraled out of control so quickly that even the half-breed wasn’t entirely sure what had transpired.

Had Tiye told Khusobek what happened? Or Safiya, perhaps? A flicker of unease passed through the dog. If either of them had shared the details of that disastrous night, there was a good chance Khusobek had something unpleasant in store. Something that wouldn’t bode well for the one who had dared to call his children gutter rats, even if they had in fact been behaving like them.

Machi found his gaze wandering over the red-furred Mazoi, peering for any signs of a certain thorn whip.

suck the rot right out of my bloodstream
Messages In This Thread
silk & stone - by Khusobek - September 09, 2024, 04:45 PM
RE: silk & stone - by Safiya - September 09, 2024, 05:19 PM
RE: silk & stone - by Machiavelli - September 09, 2024, 07:46 PM
RE: silk & stone - by Khusobek - September 10, 2024, 08:13 AM
RE: silk & stone - by Safiya - September 10, 2024, 10:32 AM
RE: silk & stone - by Machiavelli - September 10, 2024, 03:07 PM
RE: silk & stone - by Khusobek - September 11, 2024, 01:54 PM
RE: silk & stone - by Safiya - September 13, 2024, 12:53 PM