Hushed Willows but i finally think i can say
Loner
V E S S E L
56 Posts
Ooc — delaney
nutu, he repeats, not unlike a parrots; choosing the easiest nickname she offers. but only because even mentally repeating her name 'nutuyikruk' he butchers it. and out of them, in his mind 'nutu' seemed to fit her better.

his ears twitch as she mentions wing flutter. he is a bit hesitant, if only because he is not a skilled hunter and he does not want to make himself look like a fool. cleverness could sometimes be mistaken for skill, when it was just using what he did know to his advantage.

but eggs were a lot easier than trying to hunt birds themselves. eggs, at least, couldn't move. but there was always the worry of hovering parents that would attack.

this vay, ezra takes the lead, summoning a take charge attitude that had become something of a security blanket in recent weeks. his steps slow as they approach the nesting ground of the meadowlarks. some birds sit on their nests but many were left attended.

golden gaze scours the nests from afar, strategizing.

the trick is to be quick, ezra murmurs to nutu, gaze sliding to her. grab and run. and vatch out for their talons. it vill be easy at first because they do not expect it.

his gaze locks on a nest and he moves towards it. he snatches the two of the three eggs from inside it and darts back to where they'd started, gingerly setting the eggs on the grass.
Messages In This Thread
but i finally think i can say - by Ezra - September 11, 2024, 04:33 AM
RE: but i finally think i can say - by Nutuyikruk - September 11, 2024, 11:54 PM
RE: but i finally think i can say - by Ezra - September 14, 2024, 04:37 AM
RE: but i finally think i can say - by Nutuyikruk - September 14, 2024, 04:17 PM
RE: but i finally think i can say - by Ezra - September 14, 2024, 05:15 PM
RE: but i finally think i can say - by Nutuyikruk - September 14, 2024, 06:25 PM
RE: but i finally think i can say - by Ezra - September 15, 2024, 06:51 AM
RE: but i finally think i can say - by Nutuyikruk - September 15, 2024, 10:25 AM
RE: but i finally think i can say - by Ezra - September 15, 2024, 04:02 PM
RE: but i finally think i can say - by Nutuyikruk - September 15, 2024, 06:24 PM
RE: but i finally think i can say - by Ezra - 11 hours ago