Lion Head Mesa radiance of heaven ☥
Akashingo
Pharaoh*
immortal longings
733 Posts
Ooc — anon
it is the first stone of trade between ourselves and the moonwolves of the Sea. it is the physical manifestation of a new beginning, she hums, rolling the stone over with her paw slowly. now she saw his want for it. more than one lesson to be learned, and his patience would be rewarded. this particular stone you will not see it’s like of in our desert. it is unique. no other possess it. even where it has been retrieved from, it is rumored to be uncommon. for more than one reason does something so small mean so much, she watches her son, singing the siren song of rarity. she desired what few, if any, could possess. 
we are Gods. we are given most everything freely, the offerings abundant. but the things that have made me the richest of Pharaohs come from the things I have not disregarded or discarded for it’s smallness. we are more refined, more cultured, than any other who would, a rich laugh came from her then, eyes twinkling as though to say, could you imagine—ah, we are better than such insipid stock! 
this thing, I leave in your care. you will be trusted with many things. you will learn to rule. you will aid in expanding our trade, finding more beautiful and rare things. but first, you will show me that you can take some care, came her test, as she wondered who she might make her own heir. now her paw lifted, and she gave the stone to him. a lesson that not all things could be taken, and not all things would be given freely—but that there was always a way. and then, once provided—to not lose sight of it. 
Toula shared his smile. strange, somehow, to hear him speak this word. strange as she looked into his gaze and saw her father. remembered the care in which he raised her, taught her. he had given her everything, as she would to her children—but she would give them more. lessons she had learned when he had gone to the Land of the Reeds. lessons she had shared with him in prayer. 
my son, she answered in turn, voice amused as she wondered, do you remember?
Messages In This Thread
radiance of heaven ☥ - by Khaemwaset - August 31, 2024, 07:19 AM
RE: radiance of heaven ☥ - by Toula - August 31, 2024, 10:25 AM
RE: radiance of heaven ☥ - by Khaemwaset - August 31, 2024, 02:48 PM
RE: radiance of heaven ☥ - by Toula - September 12, 2024, 07:30 AM
RE: radiance of heaven ☥ - by Khaemwaset - September 23, 2024, 10:55 AM
RE: radiance of heaven ☥ - by Toula - September 24, 2024, 10:26 AM