Moonspear it's the promise of life in your heart
Moonspear
NPC
482 Posts
Ooc — mercury
All Welcome 
Sialuk was on his mind. Always. Inextricably.

He was by the stream near her ulaq, standing still and gazing into the water as if he were seeking fish. Truthfully, even if a fish leapt from the current and hit him in the face, he still wouldn't be able to catch it.

Because he wasn't thinking of fish. He was thinking of Sialuk.

Was this love? He'd harbored similar thoughts for Amalia, and even recently Ajei. . .but nothing this strong, nor all-encompassing. 

Killer placed the tip of one forepaw into the creek, swirling it slowly back and forth—the mountain-chilled water the only thing still rooting him to reality. Maybe he'd get lucky and have a trout attach itself to a toe, and he could say he did something today.
Moonspear
Page
836 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
It did not take long for Bridget to begin exploring her new home more thoroughly. Things came back to her as she recognized more and more places, and it was soothing to be surrounded by the bustle of life again.

It was probably time to stock up her own personal stores a bit before winter. She hadn’t had a place to do so when she traveled, and it would suck to go into the colder season unprepared. The thought had struck her as she’d checked out the healing den, but she planned to explore a few days before really getting to work.

Not den. What had Sialuk called it? The word escaped her, and then Bridget was distracted by the appearance of someone in the water. She’d nearly passed right by.

Hey! Sorry, if you’re fishing it can wait. I’m just introducing myself as I run into everyone. She kept back, though her voice was cheerful enough to make it clear it wasn’t personal. She didn’t want to disturb the water or any fish that might be near. My name’s Bridget.

Something about him looked familiar, though she couldn’t put a paw on why. One of those faces, maybe?
Moonspear
NPC
482 Posts
Ooc — mercury
The sound of a woman's voice broke him out of his reverie—though it took a couple seconds for it to register and him to turn around. What he found was a wolf with three legs and a somewhat familiar face.

Bridget, Killdeer repeated, trying to place the name. Bridget—oh, from Brecheliant, right? He smiled as it clicked. I'm Killdeer—Bronco and Fennec's son. I've stayed there a couple times.

He nodded toward the water, shaking his head ruefully. I'm not fishing, just spacing off, so you're good, he chuckled. So, what brings you here? I'm assuming to stay?

In all his daydreaming, he very well could have missed an introductory howl. Unsurprising if so.