Sun Mote Copse
Esquire*
5,129 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
All Welcome 
They spent the first night in The Taigh, though some instinct compelled Towhee to gather her newborn son the next morning and find someplace cozier. The answer was obvious. She carried him the short distance to the log, which was rather moldered after all these years. But it would still serve, just for a few weeks before they returned to the cottage.

After settling in with Bushtit, Towhee focused on feeding him. Her milk had come, though it was a good thing there was only one pup, as her supply was worryingly low. She smoothed his little head with her tongue as he nursed, then turned her orange eyes outdoors. As much as she needed this space to herself and her son, she still hoped others would stop by to visit.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Sun Mote Copse
Esquire*
376 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Away
“Grandma?” Seal called when she followed her tracks from the Taigh to the familiar log Meerkat had once shown her daughter. There, she spied Towhee with the singular cub nestled at her side.
Sun Mote Copse
Esquire*
5,129 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She saw Seal appear from the direction of the cottage. Towhee smiled and beckoned her closer with a twitch of her wrist. Seal had really helped make The Taigh comfortable for mother and baby, so Towhee just hoped she wouldn’t be too put out upon finding them here.

I wanted someplace cozy, just while he’s really teeny, she explained, chuckling as she added, This is where I took your mother after she ninja’d her way out of me.

Not only did the smaller space suit her maternal instincts, it also felt appropriate in another way. Especially after Bushtit’s surprise arrival, Towhee had once again learned never to say “never.” But he and Meerkat felt a little like the bookends of Towhee’s motherhood.

Speaking of your mom, I’m a little bummed he decided to come after they were already gone, Towhee shared, peering thoughtfully into her granddaughter’s carob eyes.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)