Northstar Vale Tactiques de Manipulation
Montagne de Ciguë
Glaïeul
35 Posts
Ooc — Xenon
Limit Two 
Chaudry never imagined that he would find himself searching for @Tousaint. He felt no resentment towards the boy, but what reason would he have to seek out a child? Well, he supposed that he had answered his own question.

The pack growing steadily Chaudry had found himself dissatisfied with his role. He had no desire to become an Iris, and as a son he could not inherit the role of his mother. He craved a deeper appreciation from those around him, enough to prop himself up and take the lead where he was. He wished for other's to look to him and listen.

A plan had been formulated in his mind, something that would resolve not only his own issues but that of his mother as well. However he had found himself at a roadblock; he could not for the life of him speak with any sort of charm. He was blunt, and though cool-headed he often spoke without thinking.

He was much too embarrassed to ask his mother, and Chesley was worse than him. He only hoped that Tousaint could keep a secret.
Montagne de Ciguë
Jonquille
99 Posts
Ooc — Jess
A quick trip out to the Oceanside he had made overnight, returning with a pouch of thick kelp that clanked as he carried it. Empty mussel shells, seaweed and aloe cuttings made a fragrance that reminded him of home- salty, herbal, medicinal. The scent would grow as he returned to his densite to process them.

The sea lavender he had transplanted thrived in the Vale, and had begun to show new growth. It was no longer fragrant now that the blooming season was done, but it still had a stately presence just outside the mouth of his earthy den. 

There, he lay and spread out his wares. The empty mussel shells were put to the side and he separated the aloe from the seaweed. He decided to start with the latter- and began chewing it up, grimacing lightly as he passed the squelchy rope of tough plant matter around his mouth so that it eventually became a paste. 

Once chewed, it would be spat into a mussel shell for preservation- and then he would move onto the next. 

He spotted Chaudry in the distance, just when he had moved on to the aloe. The aloe didn’t need to be chewed- he simply needed to strip the outer skin, and then scoop the translucent jelly into the mussel shells. He wondered if the man would come any closer, or if the pungent scent of medicines might drive him off.
Montagne de Ciguë
Glaïeul
35 Posts
Ooc — Xenon
Spotting the younger wolf he began his approach, his expression growing puzzled when the various plants and odd objects were spotted. They did little to deter him however; this was much too important. Laying himself down across from the other he sniffed at the pastes, though he was quick to pull his head back with a scrunched nose. "Where do you find these things?" He asked, furrowing a brow.

Shaking his head, he moved on without waiting for an answer. "That isn't important." He grunted, "I have something to ask of you."

Looking from side to side, he checked to ensure that there were no prying eyes nearby.
Montagne de Ciguë
Jonquille
99 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Tousaint chuckled. The man was unrefined- asking questions, and then dismissing their importance, and sticking his nose close to something that could be smelled from many lengths away. Still, Tousaint expected very little of Chaudry, and chose to consider only that the man looked adorable when he crinkled his nose like that. 

It seemed that he had something private and urgent to discuss, and he expected Tousaint’s cooperation. He scooped more aloe into a mussel, and set the small, scalloped shell down. What be in it for me?
Montagne de Ciguë
Glaïeul
35 Posts
Ooc — Xenon
He raised a brow at the question. He had not considered that this may be a trade of any sort. "Well, what do you want? A good word with my maman? A meal? I know how to make a good nest." He listed off the first ideas that came to his mind, as there was nothing he had on hand.

He only needed some advice, really. But if Tousaint saw value in it, then he would need to match his request. It was his own fault for failing to take the time to get to know him better.

Tousaint was a packmate, not a close friend. Truly they owed each other nothing.
Montagne de Ciguë
Jonquille
99 Posts
Ooc — Jess
I would ‘ave your favour, He replied, a cryptic answer that he felt was sufficient. He’d sensed some amount of resentment from Chesley, and among the three family members he still felt like an outsider. It be a cheap price. Be kind to me, it be all I ask. 

Chaudry had a brother and a mother who would no doubt own a certain amount of his affection- but Tousaint wished to be ingrained; Chaudry seemed like a way in. 

What is it you want? He asked then.
Montagne de Ciguë
Glaïeul
35 Posts
Ooc — Xenon
A simple request, and one he was sure he could fulfill. It was not hard to simply not be cruel. Now came the hard part - Tousaint said he would fulfill his request, and now Chaudry needed to skip around his intentions.

"The woman Chesley and yourself returned with, Palade? Maman has said we will be working together." He began, taking a short pause to gather his words. "She seems cold, I do not know how to speak with her."

It was not often that Chaudry felt the need to impress, but now it was necessary. He had realized the importance of bonding with the women of the pack, and Palade seemed like a good place to start. She was ugly, vulgar, and it didn't take much to see that she was not exactly a wolf.

If he was the first to get to her, she was sure to take a liking to him.