Northstar Vale Grey, White, and Gold
<font style="font-family:arial; font-size:14px; font-style: italic; color:#006699;">A strong wolf stands above and conquers all</font><p><a href="http://imgur.com/bLLjcbM">Full Reference</a><p>Avatar by STEVIE!
280 Posts
Ooc — Sammi
private for Myth!!

The grey and white wolf stood tall and gazed at the land through his silvery goldenrod orbs. Although it was cloudy above, the color-changing trees, clear lakes, and wild bushes were all illuminated with a certain glow. The air was stagnant and was slightly humid, making the valley feel like a protected fortress.

Kisu stepped up to the edge of a decent sized creek and dipped his head, closing his eyes from the light breaking through the festive trees and relaxing. Maybe he'd catch a small snack after he finished drinking the cool water, and then take a nap. The air didn't quite have a chill to it yet, but Kisu was content waiting a bit longer. Lifting his head upward and enjoying the bright overcast sky was the only thing he was worried about at the moment. He shook his body out and sat, tail swaying slightly behind him. He sighed contentedly.
10 Posts
Ooc — Onyx
Thanks for getting ze thread up. :D

This seemed like a good spot to pick up a few more gophers, she had thought, prowling through the underbrush in search of the telltale holes around roots and rocks. She was probably too close to the water for them to be comfortable, though, as she could hear water moving just outside of her field of vision. A creek or something, probably. Eh. She wasn't all that hungry. A drink might be a better use of her time anyway.

Padding along, it was only moments before she broke through the brush to the creek's banks, her gaze sweeping downstream until she spotted someone else sitting by the water. For one fleeting moment she thought he was family, her heart jumping up into her throat before the wind shifted and his scent drifted her way. Myth relaxed. No. She hadn't been followed. If wolves' eyes were better, she would have known it almost instantly, but no, evolution had to go and dish out a helping of panic before reality became clear. It made things more interesting. Maybe.

Myth swallowed, calming herself before she moved forward to take a quick drink, eyes locked on the reasonably distant male as she did so. By the time she raised her head and dragged her tongue across her lips, she was reasonably back to herself. It was almost certain that he'd seen her, though, so she carefully walked his way, keeping her distance but at least getting within a range where she could talk. "Hey." Yup. She was totally the best conversation-starter. Totally.
<font style="font-family:arial; font-size:14px; font-style: italic; color:#006699;">A strong wolf stands above and conquers all</font><p><a href="http://imgur.com/bLLjcbM">Full Reference</a><p>Avatar by STEVIE!
280 Posts
Ooc — Sammi
ooc: I was hoping it was okay for you, glad it started this way :)

Kisu slowly opened his eyes and looked toward what seemed to be the female version of himself, gently walking upstream toward his location. The grey and white wolf had announced herself with a simple "hey," which was nice to him; he felt like speaking was an effort, but listening was possibly even more taxing.

He flicked his tail and sighed contentedly. Maybe talking to someone peacefully (and not defensively) for once would be a nice change. "Hey, yourself." The husky male responded. Suave, he thought, criticizing himself inwardly.
10 Posts
Ooc — Onyx
She was, perhaps, a few shades darker, but the similarities were almost eerie. At least he didn't seem to be a particularly vicious sort or anything. Safe to talk to, it seemed. Sure, maybe he was a good actor just ready to pounce but all things considered, Myth was pretty naive on the matter.

She edged closer, but still kept at what she considered to be a safe distance. He didn't seem to be part of a pack either -- she had avoided the borders of the ones she'd smelled, but there were a lot of unfamiliar scents lurking around that didn't seem to be associated. Perhaps nature had just opened up this area to wolves again or something. "I'm Myth. How long have you been wandering around this patch of world?" Well, that certainly wasn't the usual combination of questions -- it was like she jumped a few steps in the middle, but that was pretty standard for her.
280 Posts
Ooc — Sammi
As she neared cautiously, Kisu noticed she was more gunmetal grey with some black smeared across her back; markings that he did not have himself, but the white was still present on both of their undersides. He also noticed her plain gold eyes set into her young face and frame. She probably had a bit more to grow. He thought, casually.

Kisu stretched slightly while sitting up straighter after the female's words, deciding that a conversation wouldn't hurt. She seemed friendly and to the point, which he preferred--why fill the air with unnecessary words? "Myth," he said, while nodding as if expressing nice to meet you. "I am Kisu. I have been in the valley for a few days. And yourself?" The male wolf felt like he was being slightly boring, simply sending the question back to her. He said nothing further, though, assuming that the female might bring something interesting to the discussion.
10 Posts
Ooc — Onyx
How long had it been? Not that long. "Um. About the same I guess. And a while spent back over the hills and stuff. Still not sure where I'm going. Pretty much never am." She smirked. It wasn't like she had no sense of direction, just no map to tell her what she was getting into. Perhaps some day soon she'd figure out what she wanted to do and settle down. Or maybe not. It wasn't like she knew what she was looking for in the first place.

She paused a distance away, lifting a paw and setting it in the shallowest part of the creek, just barely feeling the slight current ripple the fur at the base of her paw and the coolness against the pad. Her eyes were also briefly focused on the water, but she kept an ear towards Kisu at all times at the very least. "D'you know the packs and stuff around here? I don't." Myth had been staying away from them. Her gaze returned to the male.
280 Posts
Ooc — Sammi
Kisu watched curiously as the grey and white female gently set her paw to the surface of the water, as if she was somewhat bored or distracted. She had responded to him with a strange, what, shyness? uncertainty? about what her destination really was. The male stayed quiet for a moment after Myth had inquired about packs in the area. Was she indirectly asking him if he was pledged to one? He tilted his head sideways while watching her face. He couldn't read her at all.

Shaking his head, Kisu grunted. Maybe he was just thinking too much into this. Or maybe I am going crazy, said a thought that invaded his mind. He sighed. "There is an Alpha I met a couple of months ago or so. She is head of the 'Dragonwatchers,' and their territory is just past the Hot Springs.. It's not extremely close, but close enough that I am wary." He added on the last part, unsure of where the golden-eyed female had actually ventured.

Kisu arched his neck upward toward the sky. Clouds molded around the sky so hecould easily view the arc of the world. It made him feel somewhat dizzy, staring at the heavens and taking soft, shallow breaths. Sighing and then taking a few lazy steps down the creek, Kisu ducked his head low and tried to peer into Myth's eyes.
10 Posts
Ooc — Onyx
Myth seemed to unknowingly seek to be uncooperative. Though she was pretty much harmless to her fellow wolves (or at least the civilized ones), and generally seemed to be a positive sort, she was particularly hard to pin down. There was a certain duality to her actions, like she instinctively trusted others and yet knew she was supposed to be wary, or perhaps the other way around. Maybe both. Perhaps she didn't even know which, her actions still free to be molded by whatever came her way.

She nodded her head slightly, watching the ripples for another moment, "Dragonwatchers, eh?" She then snapped her head towards him, bemused, "I don't suppose they have actual dragons to look after or for, do they?" That would be quite interesting if they did! It was obvious she found it to be unlikely to be true, but such a curiosity couldn't be passed up if somehow the beasts were real. Hell, she might even accept overgrown lizards as "dragons" if they were particularly bizarre.

She shrugged a shoulder, thoughtfully, "I think there's another one gonna be showing up. Tartok, or something like that. Met a wolf that was a part of them, I guess. Dunno where they'll be settling, but I guess they moved from somewhere else?" Myth was obviously uncertain about the whole thing -- either because she was on the fence about what to do with this knowledge or merely because that thread isn't complete at the moment (though probably both). Lasher at least seemed an interesting sort, but the whole thing still seemed a little up in the air, at least when she met him.
280 Posts
Ooc — Sammi
ooc: I seriously laughed for about a minute about the "thread isn't complete at the moment" part xD nicely done!

Kisu smirked at the she-wolf's interest piqued at the name of the Dragonwatchers. "No, I don't believe they do, although it would be interesting if they did. And a pact with such creatures would make them invincible." He smiled in amusement as he added the last part, and pictured grand dragons as the wolves' pets.

Thinking of her other response, he frowned slightly and "hmm'ed" to himself. "Are you thinking of joining this 'Tartok'?" Inquiring with a watching eye. "I, myself, have heard rumors of another possible pack called 'Tuatha Dé' forming, but it could just be a rumor. I... I was thinking of joining the pack." Kisu smiled softly, with a bit of fondness in his eyes (for his place in this pack was also unknown due to absence of a thread's completion). "It seems I miss the company of others more than I'd like to admit..." The male trailed a bit before continuing. "I have enjoyed your companionship so far, and wish that we could be in the same pack together." He felt his face becoming warm as he looked down at the clear water. Kisu hadn't really had a friend since Terrapie, and that was long ago. Reminiscing about such things was dangerous, though, and he'd rather keep his past right where it was.
10 Posts
Ooc — Onyx
Well it totally is an issue! XD I just hope I don't like.. Totally step on random "past" stuff once the past is written. :P

"If they were the size of sparrows, that'd be no problem. Get a whole flock of 'em and shepherd 'em around." Nobody said dragons had to be huge. They could totally have tiny varieties too!

She did seem somewhat flighty, though that would likely change once she figured out where she really was going to go. Myth shifted her weight, eyes flitting elsewhere as well, "I dunno. I mean, who knows what other ones are out there? I don't want to end up in a pack I won't like -- end up leaving and have a bunch of pissed people hunting me down in the night or whatever. Like some kind of horror story." Her ears tilted back for a brief moment at the thought, before she continued, "But I can't just wander 'round forever on my own though, can I?" She was the equivalent of some random teen, or thereabouts, so no, her luck could only carry her so far. Myth was probably more afraid of jumping in to anything too quickly than she was of taking too long to decide, however. She wasn't sure if tagging along with Kisu was any better than finding where Lasher went, either. Could either secretly be dangerous? She didn't look back to him quite yet to evaluate.
280 Posts
Ooc — Sammi
His eyes shone brightly with his amusement at the thought of tiny dragons. "More like lizards, eh? They'd be fun to toy with if they were around the size of a rabbit.. I am sure that their 'flames' wouldn't do much more than singe my eyebrows," Kisu chuckled for the first time in what felt like forever. He was right in assuming that she would bring the conversation to an interesting place.

As for the pack talk... Myth showed the emotions he felt, but wouldn't project outwards. Her golden eye flicked with unsure emotions tagged with joining a new pack. He stayed quiet a moment, staring at the water pulling itself along. Kisu sighed, something he'd done so much of as of late. "I'd hate to show any form of vulnerability to a wolf I don't know... but I feel the ways you do. Would this pack be the right one for me?--I am only used to being an Alpha... would I be happy being a lesser wolf and taking orders from another wolf? I am so used to being alone now, I am not even sure if I could mesh well with a pack... but there is no one I can trust, and the lands keep being taken new-forming packs. I am sure that there are more than the three we know of." Kisu finished by looking at the grey and white female, his silvery goldenrod eyes mirroring the emotion she felt in her own. Though he could hold his own, he still had this odd feeling about being out on his own without protection.