Hushed Willows Coming after tiny fractures
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,424 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Private 
Tag for ref!
There was still so much to do; so much to be decided. She and @Boone had discussed Kukutux's offer more than once, and following the incident with the felled trespasser, a decision had finally been made. All that was left now was to speak to @Reina. One thing would be crossed off the list, at least.

Reverie had decided to seek Reina herself, reasoning to the Harbinger that a healer's presence alone would be the most comfortable for the recovering Middleman. A woman's presence, too, though she left that part unspoken. She departed from her den early in the morning to search for the red-furred wolf, carrying herbs with her. Snow fell lightly as she left her den, and so she donned the fox pelt she'd brought back from Kvarsheim at her last visit; the one she'd hidden away so many months ago after Crowfeather had given it to her. She wondered sometimes how he was doing now. Maybe she would never know.
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you
Hushed Willows
Singer
153 Posts
Ooc — Kitt
How does one heal from such a vulgar incident? How does one recover the pieces that were stolen from them? 

Why me? 

"Why...me?" The never-ending questions; never getting answers. What did she do to deserve all that she has endured in her short life? She was tortured, terrorized; found her family and her pack wiped from the earth; and now, her body was violated in such a way that no one should ever endure. How will she survive this?

The answer came in the form of her golden angel, who came to her adorned with a covering of fox fur, her wings subdued because of it. But it was no matter, Reina would never forget the first time she met Reverie; the way the sun beat down through the trees and created an ethereal image that brought her so much comfort then. Forever her friend, her guardian angel.

A smile pulled at her lips as the red wolf greeted her friend. Her eyes, though, did not alight as they once did, dulled by her inner turmoil. "Hello, there. I'm happy to see you're out and about today. I haven't seen that fur before, is it new?" Reina moved to her friend, nuzzling her in welcome. Her friend had found her just outside of her own den; it wasn't much, as small as it was, but it was enough. Just for her...though, she did wish she could invite Reverie in as it was too frigid, in her opinion, for the golden wolf to be out in her condition.

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Player may use vulgar language and may write about sensitive/difficult topics that might offend others. Discretion is advised.
I will ALWAYS discuss plot points and address any and all concerns regarding any of my toons, threads, or even specific posts. It is NOT my intention to cause anyone discomfort; I am merely interested in creating stories and building my writing skills.
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,424 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Dull eyes and an aura of sadness; Reina was subdued in the aftermath of the attack upon her, and though Reverie had expected it, her heart ached nonetheless to see it. She set her herbs down and returned Reina's nuzzle with her own, eyes soft. At the question she shook her head.

Oh, no, it's actually kind of old! It was a gift, months ago - but for a long time I left it hidden at my old home, Kvarsheim. That's a pack in the valley to the east, When she'd finished her explanation she nudged the herbs closer to Reina. I brought um, some herbs for you. A few different kinds. This one should help with the pain, Reverie indicated each one as she described their uses. This one will help your body fight any infections. And this one... well, it's to prevent pregnancy. I know you aren't in heat, but I - I've gotten pregnant without being in heat before.

So it's... just in case, Reverie blinked at Reina, wondering if it was too soon to make the offer of training in Moonglow. She pointed to the last of the herbs she'd brought. And this one is to help you sleep, if you need it.
Hushed Willows
Singer
153 Posts
Ooc — Kitt
The small smile that she wore fell slowly as Reverie explained what she had brought to Reina. Did she want this? To end another life? Or, rather, to prevent a life from forming in her womb? What led to this moment was a blur; a muffled and muddled mess of a memory. It was the trauma of it all that prevented the once fiery she-wolf from remembering every detail, but she could remember her curse.

You. Are. Nothing. The mark you claim to have made, if it should ever come to be, will live in spite of you. It will not know of your existence. What little footprint you have made in this world will be forgotten. I will be sure of that. You will end here. I am your reaper.

Regardless of choice, to allow or to deny, it would certainly fall in line to satisfy the curse upon his soul. He would be erased. She promised him that. 

But.

Could she live knowing that an innocent life--one who did not ask to be a result of such an indecency--was taken? And she was the cause? On the other hand, should she let nature take its course, could she find the strength to look upon a face--or faces--that would be half her and half...him? 

Tears welled. She didn't know! And it killed her to not know what to do...

She reached out and grabbed all of the herbs, accepting the returned affection before turning silently to place them just inside her den's entrance. Without turning, just to give her a moment to compose herself, she spoke softly. "Thank you, my friend...I--I haven't been sleeping well. I have fits in my sleep, dreadful things. Sometimes of him. Sometimes of little paws, tails. Little round bellies." She paused, sighing deeply.

Reina returned to her friend once more, a forlorn look in her eyes. "I don't know what to make of all of this, Reverie. I don't know what strength I have left to endure what this life has to offer."

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Player may use vulgar language and may write about sensitive/difficult topics that might offend others. Discretion is advised.
I will ALWAYS discuss plot points and address any and all concerns regarding any of my toons, threads, or even specific posts. It is NOT my intention to cause anyone discomfort; I am merely interested in creating stories and building my writing skills.
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,424 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Reina's silent conflict did not go unnoticed. Reverie felt herself tensing in response, watching the Middleman move the herbs in silence. The fact that she did not take them immediately stood out. What the Coach would not tell Reina, not yet, was that any children of the trespasser could not be tolerated in Hearthwood.

She had not spoken to Boone about this. She didn't need to. Until their own litter was assured, no other children could be born in Hearthwood. Least of all those of a rapist.

Still, Reverie softened as her friend spoke. I understand, She said quietly, eyes searching Reina's expression. More than I can say. But - we're here for you. Hearthwood is. Maybe it would help you to - get to know some of the others? It felt lacking as a solution, but it was all that Reverie could offer. That, and time.

The herbs should help with the nightmares, at least, Reverie added, already feeling guilty for what the future might hold. Could she truly cast Reina and her children out? Would Boone hate her for it? All she knew for certain was that she hoped Reina chose to take the herbs.
Hushed Willows
Singer
153 Posts
Ooc — Kitt
Reverie talked of seeking out the company of others in the pack. It would do Reina good to be around others than just herself; she couldn’t quite trust her moments of solitude. The longer she spent in her inner thoughts, the darker they became, and she felt it staining her soul. She needed a solution—sooner rather than later—but what was right? How could she decide?

It was nothing she could decide in this moment, so she looked again to her friend. “At least one night of peace will make all the difference, I’m sure.” She plastered on a small smile, giving her friend a little once over. She hadn’t had many a chance with Reverie alone and questioned how she has been getting on.

“How are you, Rev? And, I know I’m just fantastic company,” she said with a facetious eyebrow raise, ”But, I can’t help to wonder if there was another reason you might have sought me out?” She sat, the question sitting in her eyes.

Mature Content Warning

Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,424 Posts
Ooc — xynien
A gentle smile curved her lips. Kukutux offered to train you at Moonglow, She explained, not wanting to lie to Reina even if she felt the timing was off. Boone and I have been talking about it. But I thought... you might want to wait. Take some time to heal.

Kukutux will be coming here soon anyway, Reverie added, ears twitching as she considered the weeks ahead. She um, she's going to help me with - with my pregnancy. I'm expecting it to be difficult. It was with Blossom. I've already been... sick. I almost died. But she left that part unspoken. It lingered always in her thoughts, always there, always — but there was no need to voice it.
Hushed Willows
Singer
153 Posts
Ooc — Kitt
Her smile faltered slowly as Reverie disclosed the reason for her coming. The last paining her heart; the thought of her Coach having a difficult pregnancy was not sitting well with her. 

With a quick dismissive shake of her head, a decision had already been made without giving much thought. “I would agree that timing could have been a little more…optimal, but I welcome a purpose. I would be happy to learn from the Moonwoman. Not only that, but it will allow you one less person to worry over. You need to take care of yourself, Angel. All will be well. For the both of us.”

Mature Content Warning

Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,424 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Reina's confidence in their future was a comfort, but Reverie couldn't help but worry; for the Middleman, for herself, for all of it. They'd thought of Hearthwood as a safe place, but Reina had still been attacked. Boone had still been hurt. How could the world beyond their borders be any safer?

Then - when Kukutux comes to visit, you can go with her. If that's what you want, She touched her nose briefly to Reina's cheek. If you're sure you're ready. Just remember you can come back any time, alright? I don't want you to feel alone out there. Hearthwood was Reina's home, and would always be so as long as she wanted it to be. The idea of sending her away even for a short time already unsettled Reverie; she couldn't fathom the thought of the Middleman never returning.
Hushed Willows
Singer
153 Posts
Ooc — Kitt
“I may not be ready for really anything for a while…but I can’t shut myself away longer than what I have done so as it is. There is a whole world out there that I have not seen or experienced, and this would be good for me, would it not? Good for the pack, I’m sure on that.” She had accepted the loving touch on her cheek. The golden wolf before her and the rest of the pack that stands behind her and Boone are what gave Reina the confidence to leave her safety, because this was truly for them. 

Her nerves buzzed at the thought of leaving her pack when the Moonwoman came for her. She didn’t know what to expect…In truth, she was afraid, but would never say that to Reverie. The last time she ventured even into the further reaches of the Willows, her home, she had met danger. What else is out there to get her?

The red lady met her golden friend’s gaze with warmth in her eyes. “You, are my home, Reverie. The pack, Boone, the babies. All of you will be with me always. Loneliness will not find me there. I will return home, again, once my training is completed. Now, go, get some rest. I’m sure the littles in that belly of yours are taking all of your energy.” She nudged her friend’s shoulder, lovingly shooing her towards her own den and into the comfort of her husband.

Mature Content Warning