Lion Head Mesa [i] neb ii
Akashingo
21 Posts
Ooc — Decay
Joining 
@Toula, @Rashepses, @Senmut for visibility!

with the blessing of both the Gods and his father, the young noble travels. it is from his oasis, his home and once sanctuary, that he comes to this place. a land of new sands. a palace of great riches, much alike his own. 

for what does his seek? this he knows not. but one thing is certain... he will not leave this place for home. his father bid him come, but it is Sutekh who will choose to stay, should Akashingo have him. 

upon the border he awaits, entourage and offerings in tow. 

call for them, shemayet. let it be known who has come, and who waits. he speaks firm to the servant at his left, then to another at his right. all gifts must be in view. @Masika, you as well! for a special gift with so much beauty must be open to the view of royalty. 

and once all was deemed presentable, the announcement would be sent across the sands of the mesa.
Akashingo
Pharaoh*
immortal longings
659 Posts
Ooc — anon
Akashingo was bustling; it thrilled Toula, to see it grow! and to see the comrades of her husband among them… ah! could it get better than this? Toula prayed each day her thanks to the Gods. 
and as she moved to speak with the God that looked after travelers, there were more yet on her borders! Pharaoh and her procession approached, and only after her many titles were provided (now to include the ones Rashepses had added), Toula spoke:
these are such lovely things! tell me, are they gifts for Akashingo? she wondered, and then her gaze lingered upon the woman who had called. lovely, truly, to behold—and the man was as well, but upon the meeting of Rashepses she had found the man that was made for her, and could admire no other in the same way she did him. 
but other women came to mind! ah, but she should not get ahead of herself… she waited, and listened.
Akashingo
21 Posts
Ooc — Decay
the pharaoh of Akashingo comes, and Sutekh stands taller once he has bowed his greeting. she is a married ruler, but still of royal blood. and he, of noble, intends to make only the best impression. 

all that I bring is to bless your palace, and bring fruitful wishes to both your recent coronation and betrothal. my father spoke high tales of Akashingo. of its beauty, and of the people.

to each offering, he passes a glance. then his eyes trail toward Masika. even she, is for you. a fellahin from home, now for you to place among your palace where you see fit. he beckons to her then, wordlessly commanding that she present herself.
2 Posts
Ooc — Decay
the nobleman speaks, and she obeys. 

stepping forward from the small assembly of servants and guards, Masika sets her body low to the ground in a graceful bow, eyes averted from the divine sight before her. 

it is an honor to meet the pharaoh of Akashingo. her words are short, soft and airy. 

her posture does not falter all the while, awaiting for the proper permission to rise.
Akashingo
Pharaoh*
immortal longings
659 Posts
Ooc — anon
she is pleased! and her gaze turns toward the lovely woman as she speaks. a fellahin, he says—but here, the woman has the opportunity for more. she smiles toward her, and asks: is it still your wish to serve? in Akashingo, you have the opportunity to change your path should you wish it for yourself. she was beautiful, truly—perhaps she might wish to teach others her poise, and the ways in which to be perfect! 
Toula thrilled at the idea, and waited for her to respond before looking to the nobleman. ah, I thank you for these gifts! I gratefully accept these gifts, she looked toward her fellahin who moved to claim them and bring them to her halls. and you, I accept as Neb among us. tell me—what are your ambitions? do you wish for a wife? her eyes are bright as she wonders at his wishes for himself, for his legacy!
Akashingo
21 Posts
Ooc — Decay
his expression is calm, collected; but the burning hues of his eyes are prideful. 

it was my father's wish that I marry to create an alliance between our homeland and another. at first, it was to a queen elsewhere. things changed. and now, I have been sent here to you. but he would not complain either way. both would get him what he wanted. 

my family comes from a high name, and I will follow in their steps to create a legacy of my own. 

there was more to ambition that would yet left be unsaid. these were victories he would make on his own; not those handed to him on a platter.
2 Posts
Ooc — Decay
she had been given the choice to change her fate. but how could she, when this is all she has known?

when the young neb had finished, she directed her attention to the woman had asked the question.

I wish to remain in service, divine one. she answers truthfully, eyes still cast to the sands below. 

to serve is all i have known. my life is as fellahin. i have been with this noble family many moons, and even taught others who have been brought into their palace. if it your wish, I would do the same for you here.
Akashingo
Pharaoh*
immortal longings
659 Posts
Ooc — anon
out of the bears den and into the vipers nest! they royals had plenty of freedom, but marriage… it was not one of them. it was, perhaps, the one luxury commonfolk had. even powerful men of the world must bend to it—how many had come here for her paw? 
so, it is your wish to continue this legacy, she reflected, gemstone eyes bright. a failed bid at a marriage to a queen—had it been her? oh! how presumptuous she was to think such! we can see that this is done—but tell me, do you wish to find your match in love? love—something they were also not often afforded. but Toula would try, for her people, to give them every happiness. 
and turning to the fellahin now, she is quiet as she turns over the words in her mind like stones in her hands. alright—you shall continue, then. it is no shameful thing. I only wish for you to know, it no longer need be the only thing, for Toula loved her fellahin and the work that they did! it was with pride that she viewed them, and they were paid finely. another fellahin came into view at a gesture, and she said, she will take you to your quarters, and give you a tour of the passageways. I will find you to see how you have settled, with warmth in her voice.
and back to the lord before her! now, they two could continue their conversation—while another fellahin prepared his own resting place!
Akashingo
21 Posts
Ooc — Decay
pp for masika's exit!

marriage. love. the two did not always coincide. the young neb knew this well, for he had seen it with his own parents. 

not all that join in matrimony can do so for love... my own parents did not. but they held a deep respect and affection for one another. it is my hope to build the same for whomever I am betrothed. perhaps, even more may come of it. but I have no expectations for love. 

once the fellahin had been dismissed, he relaxed slightly, knowing now that he need only stand to speak for himself. 

tell me, pharaoh Toula — did you, marry for love? he was curious, now, since she'd brought the thought to mind.
Akashingo
Pharaoh*
immortal longings
659 Posts
Ooc — anon
she nods, knowing the truth of it. having been reared to understand it—and had been prepared to be wed for the continued wealth and prosperity of her then-queendom, not for love! his parents were fortunate indeed. the way that he spoke of them caused her to smile. I shall pray that it will, but she thought that it would, even then! his spirit, his hopes for himself in it—the wish that it might come was enough to know he believed it possible, believed himself capable of it. 
his question brought forth a broader smile! whether they tell you so or not, every girl dreams of love for themselves. my Godly father and mother—I know they wished for me to know it. their lastborn daughter, love was truly well within reach for me! so many of my stories were filled with it, she hummed, remembering her mother @Treva and her father—and the tales they regaled her with—fondly. but as Amiirad, I too learned of duty. and when there was none but for me left of my family to continue our dynasty, I understood that love was to come last—if at all! many from other kingdoms came to be considered. I did not imagine that I would marry for love then—I knew that I would marry for Akashingo, she blinked at the memory, marveling in the time that had passed… and at the place she had found herself in. the Gods looked after me. when I first lay upon eyes on the Sphinx I came to marry, it was love, and it was good fortune, that and so I married for both duty and love. how bright her voice became, to speak of him, of them—she beamed, by the end of her telling.
Akashingo
21 Posts
Ooc — Decay
there is a story of a young ruler, marrying first for duty—and yet, there is great love to come from the union. 

then I shall wish the same for my own pairing, should the Gods see me worthy for the returned affections of whatever woman may be chosen. for it is the Gods who truly make the choice, not any of those standing below them.