Oystercatcher Tide Pools On the path less traveled
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Infinity was theirs. It was so close that she could grasp it. Dakarai offered her the world and all she had to do was receive it, let him shower her in her deepest hopes and dreams, follow him into the light of heaven and deep into the soul of the earth’s collective conscious. Of course, all of this was available to them since the beginning of their coupling — but it was so real, so tangible, so existential, brought to life and immortalized in his question. Matehood was nothing but a formality when two esoteric souls were bound together by the eons, as kindred as the sun is to the moon. Yes, Olive had known that she and Dakarai were destined to spend a lifetime together mere moments after their meeting — for the gods would not create something as strong as their two’s immediate love and attraction if it were not something destined and divine in and of itself. Without  a second thought of moment’s hesitate, Olive responded.

“Yes,” she gasped softly. She was overcome and wished to not be parted from her mate for a moment longer. Olive moved to him, her maw finding the same spot against his collarbone. “Yes,” she breathed against him again, his dark fur concealing the emotion upon her face but ultimately was given away by the emotion in her voice. “Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes.” In that moment, her world was Dakarai; everything she thought of, saw, smelt, heard, felt… everything she was deep down to the faintest essence of her soul. Olive accepted his offer of the world and vowed before the gods to stand beside Dakarai always.

She, very quickly, felt all the words and feelings that swirled in her head bubble from her mouth. The bantam shewolf backpedaled away from her lover, suddenly inspired. Her voice was light and bright, backlit and framed by the strength of fortitude of their love. Though the two were surrounded by death and cold, the world was perfect and she felt it strongly within her being. It felt as if her heart were vibrating, but just a little bit. It was a hard emotion to choke back, and she failed miserably.

“Oh, Dakarai,” Olive murmured as her tailed lashed behind her and she spoke vividly. “I will not only be your mate but your wife, your partner, the mother to your children. I will love you until the end of my days, until the end of all time — and even then, we will be one. You and I, we are the most solid and anointed thing that’s ever been. What the sun is to the sky, that’s what you are to me. You and I are as certain as the sun rises in the east and sets in the west, just as the moon rises and the stars shine at night, as certain as spring is to follow winter, and summer to follow spring. You and I, were are the same… When everything else is stripped away and we are nothing more than our most quintessential self, we are the same. You will never be alone again. I simply won’t stand for it.”
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
On the path less traveled - by Dakarai - January 15, 2017, 09:54 PM
RE: On the path less traveled - by Olive - January 16, 2017, 04:30 PM
RE: On the path less traveled - by Dakarai - January 17, 2017, 07:22 PM
RE: On the path less traveled - by Olive - January 18, 2017, 02:53 PM
RE: On the path less traveled - by Dakarai - January 18, 2017, 07:50 PM
RE: On the path less traveled - by Olive - January 19, 2017, 10:57 PM
RE: On the path less traveled - by Dakarai - January 23, 2017, 11:47 PM
RE: On the path less traveled - by Olive - January 26, 2017, 11:21 AM