Oystercatcher Tide Pools On the path less traveled
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Olive felt a smile tug at her lips as Dakarai divulged to her and said everything the lamb wanted to hear: she had given him everything, without even really trying. Simply by existing she had filled every one of his wishes [well, all but one… but that would soon be rectified]. Though Olive was certain that, as their relationship continued to grow, they would unearth each other’s unforeseen wants and desires… but for now, his words were so reassuring and eternal that Olive was certain that this was the essence of life.  

He rolled and pulled her to the ground and Olive fell freely, limply [in a way that only the ease she felt around him would allow her to do]. She landed on top of him, and if she were any bigger the sylph worried that she might have hurt him — but Olive was a slight thing and landed lightly, as if she were falling upon a pillow to go to sleep. She released a high-pitched sound of delighted and surprise, then suddenly gathered herself up, stood up and pinned her lover to the ground with a small, pale paw pressing into each of his shoulders. Olive looked down as if he were her captive… but then ruined her guise with a loving lick upon his nose. He was too irresistible.

Then Dakarai turned her own question back on her and she thought for a moment. Her own wants? Olive didn’t really live for herself; she lived for others. Olive had dedicated her life as peaceful crusader, to face darkness and sadness head on and purge it from the world. She did not do this for herself, but for everything around her [both living and nonliving] . It would be so nice to live a simple life, seeking only the delights and fruits and good things in life. Perhaps she were deluded in her self-sacrificial ways, but Olive believed she had a larger calling and that left no room for her own frivolous pleasures [Of course, Olive was being quite the hypocrite because she had done nothing but seek pleasures since Dakarai’s return].

“You. I yearn for all of you; the parts of you that I see now as well as the parts yet to come. I yearn for your future and… you have given me just that.” Olive spoke, her face almost menacingly, hungrily close to his. “Your every happiness is my every happiness.” She stated matter-of-factly, with a distinct nod of the head. Then, she transitioned to a jocular, more lighthearted tone. “So, I fulfill your wants, which in turn fulfills my wants. An endless cycle of happiness and satisfaction. I think we’ve set ourselves up for a pretty nice life together, huh?”
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
On the path less traveled - by Dakarai - January 15, 2017, 09:54 PM
RE: On the path less traveled - by Olive - January 16, 2017, 04:30 PM
RE: On the path less traveled - by Dakarai - January 17, 2017, 07:22 PM
RE: On the path less traveled - by Olive - January 18, 2017, 02:53 PM
RE: On the path less traveled - by Dakarai - January 18, 2017, 07:50 PM
RE: On the path less traveled - by Olive - January 19, 2017, 10:57 PM
RE: On the path less traveled - by Dakarai - January 23, 2017, 11:47 PM
RE: On the path less traveled - by Olive - January 26, 2017, 11:21 AM