Ravensblood Forest convalescence
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Shall we tie up this golden oldie too?

[table width=85%][tr][td]
Olive could not help but attempt to stifle the youthsome giggles that Lotte’s stories produced. The young girl had a commanding, powerful presence that was difficult to ignore – and though the featherlight space cadet had [at first] been intimidated by such a dominant energy, she had quickly grown to appreciate Lotte’s vivacity. Young as she was, the mummer was strong in the face of her steadfast husband and unafraid to challenge him head-on. Balance, Olive admired affectionately. It was what her and Dakarai had, and it was a beautiful thing.

At the image of a young Lotte, surely a picture image of those cubs growing within her, Olive let her laughter pour forth and when the tinkling of her joy faded away, the fae tossed her head as if to gain composure. ”Knowing you and Dagfinn, I can see that.” Though Olive had only met Dagfinn on scarce occasions, she knew the queen was close with her twin and he was free to enter Ravensblood Forest as he pleased – as Blackrock Depths and Donnelaith had once been able to do. Perhaps, once upon a time, Olive had clout enough with Arturo to make such a request – but that time was no more.  

Then Lotte turned her attention to the progress of her pregnancy. The two women had become enceinte at around the same time [must have been something about the winter snows that inspired such [i]heat], but it was true – Olive was bulging at the seams, her petite frame clearly encumbered by the process of creating life, white Lotte had no more than a small curvature to show for all her hard work. ”Hmm, I am not sure,” the druid commented with a hum.  ”We are so different,” not only in body, but in personality. It was not a bad thing, but as Lotte had mused upon just moments before, each pregnancy was an individual experience.  ”Perhaps they find you too comfy – they are hiding so they will never have to leave!” Her voice was bright, wishing her pups would come to the same verdict.  When with child, Olive felt divine – purpose driven, complete – knowing that new beings would soon enter the world to help spread light and hope across the wilds… and only now, she could hold them close and keep them safe from the evils of the world.

As if roused by the sudden rise in their mother’s tone of voice, one pup  [the one who constantly situated itself nicely within her ribcage]  gave a hard kick.  With a lurch, Olive shifted her weight to the other side – evincing the restlessness she had been experience with brutal force – but the discomfort did not abate  and  the mother-to-be  soon pushed herself up on thin, willowy forearms. ” I wish to continue talking,” she sighed, wishing to continue building a rapport with the woman who stood before her; but, there would be much time for camaraderie after the pups were born. Olive was sure of it. ” but now… I must rest.” Olive cast a knowing glance at Lotte, suggesting that the scarfed woman likely felt the same way.  ”I thank you for the gift, my queen,” She drew the slain marmot forward, knowing it would greatly satisfy her uncharacteristic cravings for flesh.  It was a truly kind gesture, and for such kindness, Olive was wholly grateful.
[/td][/tr][/table]
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
convalescence - by Lotte - March 05, 2017, 03:48 PM
RE: convalescence - by Olive - March 06, 2017, 09:41 AM
RE: convalescence - by Lotte - March 17, 2017, 05:47 AM
RE: convalescence - by Olive - March 26, 2017, 12:10 PM
RE: convalescence - by Lotte - April 07, 2017, 07:49 AM
RE: convalescence - by Olive - April 16, 2017, 05:19 PM
RE: convalescence - by Lotte - May 02, 2017, 07:54 PM