Stone Circle Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Day's tail wagged excitedly in response to Ezekiel's approval of the idea. Part of him longed to rejoin Easthollow so that things could go back to the way they had been. He missed his easy friendship with the wolves there, and watching Sunny, Dawn, Nikai and Keoni play together. Maybe he'd done what he had set out to do. Maybe putting distance between himself and the territory had helped to ease some of the turmoil he'd felt.

He still couldn't come back, though. Though many of his past problems were healing or resolved, there were now different things keeping him away.

His wistful thoughts lasted until Ezekiel's next question, and automatically, the male's face fell into a grimace. He had to ask that question. "Yeah," he said at length, reluctant to take the shine off of fatherhood for the younger male, but equally unwilling to let him go into it blind. "It's the hardest thing I've ever done. Some days, I wonder how much more my heart can take," he admitted, feeling a certain sense of relief at revealing this to someone else. "But I love my kids more than anything. Sunny and Dawn make me prouder than I have any right to be, and when I look at them... well, it's worth all the trouble." He grinned. "Besides - you've got Val to help you. You're already way ahead of me."
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
Messages In This Thread