Hushed Willows witcher
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Though the strange man had been surveying her lands for quite some time before now, Olive had been the first to see him, before even he saw her — and it afforded the shakti woman a moment, just a brief second or two, to survey the brute in his natural state, without frill or pomp or any layer of superficiality that he might use when in the presence of another. Olive saw him, a large brute with salt and pepper pelage, at the same time both moondrenched and eerily shadowed, but she could not read him.

He offered no apologies, and so far, no introduction — so little that was useful to her. The shrouded sylph did not let any distaste register upon her pointed visage; an endeavor which the darkness surely made easier. It immediately made her nervous to have a creature ambushing the sanctuary in the night, especially one as cocksure as he, even if he was only on some forlorn reconnaissance mission. What could he ever need to know that he couldn’t ask her, in the bright light of day?

With the moon hanging heavy in the sky, nearly full and late in the month, the druid felt emboldened.
“If you’re sure that our ideas of peace differ, then you must already know something about us, no?” she questioned gently, placing her willowed forelegs together as would a soldier standing at guard, delicate paws slightly turned out at the ankle. Olive let a smile grace her features in place of something more distant, though her mind was filled with worries and something more distant might have been appropriate. 

“However, I do not know you, so you have succeeded and I must congratulate you….” her eyes, heavy-lidded and forest green, fell to survey their surroundings. He appeared to be alone. “but I do still question the intentions of the man who stalks a land of women and children in the night.”
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
witcher - by Stigmata - January 18, 2019, 12:01 PM
RE: witcher - by Olive - January 18, 2019, 07:07 PM
RE: witcher - by Stigmata - January 18, 2019, 11:15 PM
RE: witcher - by Olive - January 19, 2019, 10:47 PM
RE: witcher - by Stigmata - January 20, 2019, 02:55 PM
RE: witcher - by Olive - January 21, 2019, 12:22 PM
RE: witcher - by Stigmata - January 21, 2019, 01:19 PM
RE: witcher - by Olive - January 21, 2019, 06:32 PM